Sad That After 5 Years FLO Cant't Get Right - Still 4 Years To GO

Drum corps biggest and unsolvable problem is that it is an activity unknown to 95% of Americans, and only exists for eight weeks of the year.  Not much Dan, or any publicity machine could do with that. We are lucky the activity still exists. We didn't know how lucky we were, till Covid hit.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Drum corps biggest and unsolvable problem is that it is an activity unknown to 95% of Americans, and only exists for eight weeks of the year.  Not much Dan, or any publicity machine could do with that. We are lucky the activity still exists. We didn't know how lucky we were, till Covid hit.   

And people still don’t get that plenty of activities that people volunteer to join have taken huge hits over the years. Just like drum corps, bowling, playing bridge, Scouting (even without the scandals), church groups have gone way down. Just don’t get how people think DC is in a vacuum and should be the same way it was years past.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Got busy and didn’t watch DCA/Box5 last night for the first time this season. Haven’t had any sound problems except for the corps themselves putting camera where sound wasn’t picked up that well. More problems with freeze ups and first night when Box5 got hacked. Didn’t watch DCI/Flo so can’t compare

Jim,

you've known me since i was oh...5?.....so you've known since 1974, like my father before me, i don't mince words:

except for the Indy weekend, the sound on Flo this summer generally sucked at levels that would have made Three Mile Island fully meltdown. my 9 year old even said it sucked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Jim,

you've known me since i was oh...5?.....so you've known since 1974, like my father before me, i don't mince words:

except for the Indy weekend, the sound on Flo this summer generally sucked at levels that would have made Three Mile Island fully meltdown. my 9 year old even said it sucked.

Having been around my nephews at that age I can just hear that. She has the Ream genetics (you and your dad 😆).

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Jim,

It was so bad at the Cedarburg show, that I had moved past ###### off into laughing my ### off at the ineptitude.  I kept watching just to see how bad it would get. 

On 8/30/2021 at 6:49 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Got busy and didn’t watch DCA/Box5 last night for the first time this season. Haven’t had any sound problems except for the corps themselves putting camera where sound wasn’t picked up that well. More problems with freeze ups and first night when Box5 got hacked. Didn’t watch DCI/Flo so can’t compare

Did not watch DCI? 

1 hour ago, WilsonStaff said:

Did not watch DCI? 

Thought of it but even in retirement too busy to want to take the time for about two solid weeks of staring at the TV at night. Maybe next year when things are more spread out. 
like I said I even skipped a week of DCA.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So much for the DCP Summer of Love. Things have been fairly calm here all season. 

SFT_SummerofLove_1440x462.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

So much for the DCP Summer of Love. Things have been fairly calm here all season. 

SFT_SummerofLove_1440x462.jpg

Still have a few days until the grumpy tailed Senior, oops all age people finish their season…. Kind of…

Kind of as the videos for championships have sent in so performers are done. Just waiting for fans to be able to watch.