DCI Celebration- Marion 08.10.21

Awesome show  tonight Bluecoats!  

• Like 3

Bluecoats! Bloo Bloo Bloo! I mean WOW! Two words: Professional Ensemble. 

That is all.

• Like 4

The Bluecoats lit that joint up like a Bob Marley doobie. Fantastic show from them tonight. The back half of that show just kicks the crown into a frenzy. Hard to say from Flo if they were better tonight than last night in Akron...which I saw live. The brass have a few issues cleaning the double tonging near the beginning of the show after the first hit. But that is nit picking. I think the soloists were on fire tonight. It's a total performance by every section and a unique integration of elements and timing that make this show so crazy good. Loads of talent in that corps. The guard was spectacular again. Percussion is amazing, and the brass was mostly spot-on and balanced beautifully. Way to go, Bloo!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The Bluecoats lit that joint up like a Bob Marley doobie. Fantastic show from them tonight. The back half of that show just kicks the crown into a frenzy. Hard to say from Flo if they were better tonight than last night in Akron...which I saw live. The brass have a few issues cleaning the double tonging near the beginning of the show after the first hit. But that is nit picking. I think the soloists were on fire tonight. It's a total performance by every section and a unique integration of elements and timing that make this show so crazy good. Loads of talent in that corps. The guard was spectacular again. Percussion is amazing, and the brass was mostly spot-on and balanced beautifully. Way to go, Bloo!

It was a better run tonight

• Like 2

Just got back from Marion. Hadn’t seen anyone online or in person yet, so it was my first read. I was shocked most by the Scouts. They had a really entertaining show and a bigger sound than I’ve heard from them. Loved Phantom’s show and was surprised with how well they were pulling off a tough show. It’s a younger group, but they really impressed me. Enjoyed Blue Stars and Colts as well. Bluecoats were as good as I expected that they would be. They sounded great!

Really had a great time tonight and am very thankful that we have drum corps this year!

• Like 8