How 2021 will change the activity for 2022

1. Bloo will continue to attract top talent (with few age outs this year) No real change except next year, Bloo should be loaded with vets

2. PR and Cadets will are moving toward destination corps status positive change 

3. Boston will continue to attract too talent as well No real change 

4. Blue Stars will be getting second looks from top talent Maybe a change

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Don’t underestimate the ability of 1st season marchers in any corps.

• Like 3

1.  People will realize "talent" isn't that big of a requirement when practicing 100's of hours on 5-7 minutes of music.  What is important is physical stamina and mental preparedness for a year of corps.

2.  Props aren't needed to make a show remarkable.  A good show is a good show.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I imagine corps caption heads have had to rethink pedagogy to come up with more efficient teaching/rehearsal methods for a shortened season. There will be much more remote learning going forward, pandemic or not. 

This is what I think we're going to see a lot of.  Seeing these corps jump out the gate with complete and well performed shows tells me that the pedagogy figured some things out. Now, bump these techinques into a regular season's timeline and we'll see corps coming out much cleaner and complete again at the start and having a whole tour to do stuff.  Could we perhaps see a return of more ambitious changes to shows during the season?   I doubt we'll get full rewrites of sections, but ... we might see more planned  changes during the season that evolve a show as a means of keeping it fresh and challenging to the MMs?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Once the guys in the green shirts begin writing down numbers...things will return to pretty much how it was the last time they were writing down numbers.

Yeah, I expect design trends to snap back to meeting the sheets.  Its the instruction techinques that will evolve.