How 2021 will change the activity for 2022

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Once the guys in the green shirts begin writing down numbers...things will return to pretty much how it was the last time they were writing down numbers.

Correct. For example there’s no way Cadets will try to be competitive in those uniforms next year. 

23 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Correct. For example there’s no way Cadets will try to be competitive in those uniforms next year. 

Sad...  Judging by the clothes they wear and not the show they perform......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

As opposed to the church choir robes or the pink and black zebra stripe things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

This is what I think we're going to see a lot of.  Seeing these corps jump out the gate with complete and well performed shows tells me that the pedagogy figured some things out. Now, bump these techinques into a regular season's timeline and we'll see corps coming out much cleaner and complete again at the start and having a whole tour to do stuff.  Could we perhaps see a return of more ambitious changes to shows during the season?   I doubt we'll get full rewrites of sections, but ... we might see more planned  changes during the season that evolve a show as a means of keeping it fresh and challenging to the MMs?

i agree. i think corps will end up coming out far more musically prepared, even the corps that start later than the corps with 6-8 weeks of spring training. in fact it may cut some time off of spring training which sucks a ton of cash for every corps

most changes will not be seen on the field. it'll be off the field. corps now understand they need revenues sources than just waiting for the DCI check in the fall. Now technology allows for ways to get more taught without having to have some costly camps. and i do think the longer Covid lingers, health protocals will continue to be a major concern and expense

• Like 3