Thursday August 12 - DCI Celebration Indy

Been debating on subbing to Flo for the shows tomorrow and Saturday, but have been holding back due to reading about audio issues throughout the season. How is the audio tonight? You would think with tomorrow and Saturday being at the same place, they audio would be the same as tonight, possible even better with tweaks.

Academy has a very nice show. Need to get more of a read tomorrow. Uniform is interesting. Not sure if I like the gloves or not. A lot of Bluecoats and Blue Devils style in this show. Not a bad thing. Learn from the best. Horns sounded really good most of the time. I need another read on the percussion and guard. But so far I really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

Just now, jwillis35 said:

Academy has a very nice show. Need to get more of a read tomorrow. Uniform is interesting. Not sure if I like the gloves or not. A lot of Bluecoats and Blue Devils style in this show. Not a bad thing. Learn from the best. Horns sounded really good most of the time. I need another read on the percussion and guard. But so far I really enjoyed it. 

First show

• Like 1

The Academy, sadly, might be my only disappointment of the year. Musically strong. Percussion section is much improved over all previous years. Design, though? Ugh, left me a little dry. Tammy Faye needs to go to the Bluecoats where she'd be free to be as wild as she wants. I miss the classy uniforms and military precision while being wildly entertaining Academy. 

• Thanks 1

Wow...first show. Just amazing. Look forward to tomorrow.