Thursday August 12 - DCI Celebration Indy

Whew!  Blue Stars brass has really honed in on a distictive brass sound they've been developing the past 5 years or so. There's a brightness and fullness to it that's just great

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Whew!  Blue Stars brass has really honed in on a distictive brass sound they've been developing the past 5 years or so. There's a brightness and fullness to it that's just great

I'm not sure if my count is exactly right..  but I was able to pause and count 98 horns..   I have to say, it sounds amazing to me!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TenHut said:

So what is the story with BD and SCV not going to Indy? I would think a requirement of being a DCI member corps would be to attend the biggest event of the year. Seems like the members missed out a on a great experience. 

I think each drum corps has the right to make the appropriate choice for their organization. DCI does not run the activity. The corps do. DCI is a facilitator. Even during a competitive year if a corps decides to not attend Finals to take care of their home base and other responsibilities then that is what they should do. Choice is a good thing. 

Great job, Blue Stars. Big horn line...WOW! Love that music. I need to see that show now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

What a mature sound from Blue Stars in this ballad. 

That was a nice show , thank you Blue Stars 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

No actual babies were harmed in this performance 😆

Allegedly.  

• Haha 1