Thursday August 12 - DCI Celebration Indy

Love Bloo’s show so much. Last night, I met the bearded soloist’s family. His parents are Cuban refugees and are so proud of their son, Matthew. In high school, people were encouraging him to give up trumpet. So glad he didn’t listen. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 7

OK- I am surprised that nobody has made a comment on this.  We now have a replacement for the iconic wink at the camera from the 2016 Bluecoats soloist.  We now have the Bluecoats member over and over picking his nose on camera and flicking his nasal excrement onto the field.  Cracked us up.  After your show- I think that I will have a hit off of the bong or drink a really cheap bottle of wine and make a candle holder out of the bottle.  Ah the good old days when we were young and beautiful (and did high knee lifts and lots of mark time)  Go Blooooooo!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Today was fun. So much variety, styles, music arrangements, visuals, props, no props,..tribute shows., modern shows, videos of performances from years past, ensembles, encores played by several corps, etc... They all were pretty amazing today given the circumstances of putting field shows together this summer. They all looked like they were having fun out there in performance today. And that alone, makes me happy.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

Ok, Bluecoats ready to rock this crowd. Let's see if they light this crowd up the way they did at Marion, IN. That was their best show yet. 

At the show tonight 50 Row 4  The thing that stuck out mostl about the bluecoats was their extreme confidence at the very start of their show which isn’t easy.  
With that I would say they are still in the medals 

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Way to go, Cadets! I think they can lay down an even cleaner performance tomorrow and Saturday. The show is so wonderful and full of classic moments. 

Yes.  A very good run. I wondered whether some of the misalignment in the drill was because of differences in NFL vs. High School/College hash marks 

Edited by ykw
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one that had DCP give 403 errors then stop loading at all right after the Cavies came on?

it was lonely watching the rest of the show. 

11 minutes ago, ykw said:

Yes.  A very good run. I wondered whether some of the misalignment in the drill was because of differences in NFL vs. High School/College hash marks 

Most corps drill it into you how far away the pro hashes are from college/high school. Also it looks like they had both marked anyways (along with the midpoints from the front sidelines

21 minutes ago, tommynev said:

Most corps drill it into you how far away the pro hashes are from college/high school. Also it looks like they had both marked anyways (along with the midpoints from the front sidelines

The college hashes are also painted on the field, and the college numbers are marked with white tape in addition to the pro numbers.