Thursday August 12 - DCI Celebration Indy

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

A small thing with Bloo that I noticed last night, but maybe this is typical. During the first snare feature, there were a ton of electronics accompaniment going on. Incredibly effective but also detracted from their excellence a bit.

fwiw - the vocoded electronics you're hearing is performed 100% live. It's a tandem performance by the snare drummer (their sound is the trigger/rhythm) and the synth player (playing the pitches, including the melody). Every note you here was performed live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Early 2000 boring corps. Later on got glass place and really never cared for the shows just saying nice job. They even sold shirts that said Boring in Bb. Reading comment sections between all the Facebook groups and here yesterday and some didn't even have a thread I'm the comments about them being at the show. The other comments were about a tarp and not actually about the show. 

Hmm, never heard of this in any sort of large scale way about Blue Stars.

2 hours ago, mikescott said:

fwiw - the vocoded electronics you're hearing is performed 100% live. It's a tandem performance by the snare drummer (their sound is the trigger/rhythm) and the synth player (playing the pitches, including the melody). Every note you here was performed live.

And proves that drummers can indeed "carry a tune" ! We don't need no stink'n horns. 🙂 

7 hours ago, kdaddy said:

A small thing with Bloo that I noticed last night, but maybe this is typical. During the first snare feature, there were a ton of electronics accompaniment going on. Incredibly effective but also detracted from their excellence a bit.

That is their snare sound being altered live through a vocoder. 

5 minutes ago, tedrick said:

sorry wrong night - 

Saturday nights - Dan is wearing a Bluecoats ring - is he an alum?

I remember hearing he got it because he did the voice over announcement recording of Bluecoats in 2016. 

• Haha 1