Fri Aug 13 - DCI Rejoice

6 hours ago, Lance said:

I actually like their song choices and arrangements better this year than 2019.  

Maybe they'll do the music of Harry Nilsson next?  

This must include "You're Breaking my Heart"  🤣  Let the audience sing that one like they did with "Hey Jude".  😇

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Liahona said:

I don't think they had age out ceremony when I marched...or at least I missed it...perhaps doing other things young people do...I will leave it at that...LOL

Ha let me tell you about ageout ceremony in the 70’s where I marched.  You left your shoes out on the field,  went back to the school and turned in your equipment and they gave you your medal and patch.  If you didn’t turn in your uni and all of your equipment, no medal or patch.  Then, usually in November, there was an awards banquet.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ha let me tell you about ageout ceremony in the 70’s where I marched.  You left your shoes out on the field,  went back to the school and turned in your equipment and they gave you your medal and patch.  If you didn’t turn in your uni and all of your equipment, no medal or patch.  Then, usually in November, there was an awards banquet.  

Oh no … so THATS why I am still waiting  on my medals and patch after all these years . Knowing this now , in retrospect I should never have left my shoes behind . The soles of those  were still durable and useable  .Darn it   . 😃

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Hah! The BAC kids cheering up for BK coming off after that is great. 

I noticed that on Flo too . Bk performers exiting the stadium tunnel after their performance saw the BAC ageouts gathered in the stands right above them cheering for them , then the BK marchers waved back to the BAC ‘ers  up in the stands . 

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes, easier done back then because of full retreats at all shows.  I was never in a DCI finals, but the shoes got left on the field after retreat at last performance.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, easier done back then because of full retreats at all shows.  I was never in a DCI finals, but the shoes got left on the field after retreat at last performance.

I left my shoes on Legion Field in Birmingham, AL

• Like 3

12 hours ago, drumcorpspluto said:

I can remember when Jeff was just another kid under the mentorship of Marty along with some other really good percussionist. It is inspiring and great to see the Marty H. tree alive and well. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I left my shoes on Legion Field in Birmingham, AL

Denver for me.

• Like 2