A Prayer Request For Tonight…

4 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

My son Davis, will be conducting the Cavaliers tonight having learned this morning that his grandmother (Mom’s side) passed away last night. When he stepped on the podium in Madison a couple of weeks ago, it was on the 10th anniversary of losing his other grandmother (my Mom). 

I’d like to think they’ll both be together tonight enjoying their grandson’s final performance in a 7 year run of drum corps from above. 

Peace to all… 

PopcornEater

My prayers goes up for him, you and the family.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

I'm in the suite with his fellow brothers. Prayers here for him and the family. 

That performance was EVERYTHING.  You and your son can let the emotions flow knowing his grandmother is absolutely beaming with pride

• Like 1

Davis was certainly in my thoughts last night as he and the Cavaliers performed what I thought was their best show in many years. Just watched the Flo highlights to witness it one more time. Major kudos for raising such a fine young man, PE.  

Davis is a very strong young man of very strong character. He has the deep respect of everyone who's met him. The apples don't fall far from the tree, as they say. His Grandmothers will be there with him on the podium. He'll be fine. My condolences to your family. It's never, ever easy.

49 minutes ago, BigW said:

Davis is a very strong young man of very strong character. He has the deep respect of everyone who's met him. The apples don't fall far from the tree, as they say. His Grandmothers will be there with him on the podium. He'll be fine. My condolences to your family. It's never, ever easy.

You remember him all the way back from Atlanta CV days, yes? I believe y’all met at a rehearsal near Baltimore in 2016. Lot of water has flowed under the Drum Corps bridge since then. He and the corps had a great run last night. All is well, and 7 years of being a marching performer have now wound down. On to the future! 

Davis, both grandparents will be at Peace.  They are totally in awe of your leadership of The Cavaliers. I know because I'm a grandfather, and when my grandsons do something they enjoy my heart is filled with joy.  Now, that they are in heaven, when you conduct, they will be filled with Rapture!. 

God Bless your grandparents, parents for letting you participate in drum corps, and you for choosing such a great thing to do. It's such a wonderful pastime. 

Mitch