Saturday Aug. 14 - DCI Celebration - The last dance

11 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

What an incredible season, despite it being short. There were no shows that I did not like. Everyone was amazing in their own way this year. The following are just for fun. 

Personal Favorites: The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Boston Crusaders, Bluecoats, Madison, Spirit of Atlanta, Music City (these folks really blew me away watching them live in Akron, OH). 

Best Overall Show: Bluecoats

Brass: Boston Crusaders

Percussion: The Cadets and Cavaliers

Guard: Boston Crusaders, Bluecoats

GE: Bluecoats

Visual: Bluecoats

Favorite Musical Moments: Far and Away, Cadets; Boston's ballad, Bluecoats closer, Phantom Regiment ballad, Spirit of Atlanta's ballad, Madison's closer, Cavaliers Sing Sing Sing, Blue Knights' closer, Music City's closer, and probably many more. 

Favorite Single Moment: The Cadets company front in Far and Away

Favorite Encore: So many were amazing but the Cavaliers playing Jupiter on Thursday past was really well done. 

I'll play this game.

Personal faves: Phantom, Cadets, Bluecoats 

Best overall show: Bluecoats 

Brass: Boston

Percussion: Cadets

Guard: Boston

GE: Bluecoats

Visual: Cadets (I tend to go to marching for this...I know the criteria are different)

Musical moments: Bluecoats ballad soloist, Cadets Simple Gifts, Phantom's opener, Cavies Sing Sing Sing

Favorite single moment: BAC Guard rifles in the ballad.

Favorite Encore: Phantom in the end zone with Elsa's tonight. 

BONUS MOMENT: When the Blue Devils came outta nowhere tonight and won the WTF caption pipping the Mandarins like Phantom got past the Blue Devils in 2008.

• Like 7

Congratulations to ALL the corps who made it on the road and to Indy this summer under even tougher than normal challenges! It was a terrific success.

Don't forget to do what you can to support your favs this off season, a large number of corps organizations are under great stress still coping with the impact of COVID. We will lose several, please help if you can.

• Like 4

thank you to all of the corps, staff and volunteers that came out this summer.

• Like 2

This was a fun 3 days. It was amazing what quality entertaining shows were produced mostly virtually throughout the winter and spring, and then collectively at practice, but for only a few short weeks to put together and then attempt to clean. There was enormous variety among the styles and visuals and music, attire. Kudos to all of these Corps that despite unprecedented challenges, found a way to get out there on the field this summer to perform for both themselves and us fans. The return of the smiles on the faces of these performers in all these corps, brought a smile to my face and brought me joy. Thank You to all these Corps and staff and volunteers that made what looked like the impossible not that long ago, become the possible.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Well deserved in my opinion. "Thoroughly enjoyed their recreation of their iconic 2003 Phantom Regiment production of  " Harmonic Journey ". Their attire, visuals, music, marching,  was traditional and spectacular. The show flowed so well from start to finish. Its not difficult to understand why they were such a big hit with the fans this summer. Congratulations Phantom Regiment.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Congratulations to ALL the corps who made it on the road and to Indy this summer under even tougher than normal challenges! It was a terrific success.

Don't forget to do what you can to support your favs this off season, a large number of corps organizations are under great stress still coping with the impact of COVID. We will lose several, please help if you can.

Very true. I spoke with a few people yesterday who are concerned that some of the corps that did not participate this year are going to have great challenges starting up next year. I have to agree with them. Keeping veteran marchers could be difficult so they may be starting at square one. High school music programs can be key in recruiting but many were inactive last year and even though many band circuits are planning a fall season, the Delta variant could change things. High school programs are a huge base for recruiting for OC and some WC. Though inactivity in 2021 was a wise move for many corps from a financial point of view, fundraising could be difficult. No doubt we’ll see BD! SCV, and Crown. Others may be questionable. We don’t need to rehash the corps rumored to be in financial trouble prepandemic, but they will need help and do too with the corps rumored to have deep pockets. For one thing their pockets are probably not as deep as some think, second some of that money was spent.