Saturday Aug. 14 - DCI Celebration - The last dance

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They want $350 a night for the Holiday Inn Express across from the stadium.  Nope! 

I think BAC’s deal there got rooms for half that.  Other corps groups must do that as well.  JW Marriott is nice too.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, Terri Schehr said:

FYI.  You can book your hotel reservations now.  We got in at the Omni.  Does anyone know if there’s an airport shuttle because I’d prefer to not rent a car.  I never move it anyway and we Uber.  I can Uber from the airport if there’s no shuttle.  I know we’re far out from this but I’m a planner.  Fail to plan or plan to fail is my motto. 

Indygo has regular service from the airport to downtown. The #8 city bus departs near the rental car desks and whisks you to Naptown, mostly on Washington Street. Not as fancy as a shuttle, but a bargain for $1.75 each way.  Day passes cost $4.

If you’re not a public transit fan, I’d skip the bus. There’s usually a few inebriated passengers on the 8 bus, who add character and flair, but I want to see those attributes on the performance field, not the bus.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Indygo has regular service from the airport to downtown. The #8 city bus departs near the rental car desks and whisks you to Naptown, mostly on Washington Street. Not as fancy as a shuttle, but a bargain for $1.75 each way.  Day passes cost $4.

If you’re not a public transit fan, I’d skip the bus. There’s usually a few inebriated passengers on the 8 bus, who add character and flair, but I want to see those attributes on the performance field, not the bus.

You want to see inebriated people on the performance field?  😆

Just now, LabMaster said:

Maybe see you at Gate 10 next year.  

NASCAR suffered due to hotels and motels tripling their rates during races at Daytona, Bristol, and Talladega.  End result, they removed 15,000 seats at Daytona. The hotel chains misjudged the fans, and what they would tolerate or could deal with to watch an event.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:20 PM, Terri Schehr said:

FYI.  You can book your hotel reservations now.  We got in at the Omni.  Does anyone know if there’s an airport shuttle because I’d prefer to not rent a car.  I never move it anyway and we Uber.  I can Uber from the airport if there’s no shuttle.  I know we’re far out from this but I’m a planner.  Fail to plan or plan to fail is my motto. 

What are the dates for next year??

12 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

https://goexpresstravel.com/downtown-indy-express/

$13 One way. Better than the bus - way cheaper than a cab. Not sure about Uber.

19 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

I usually take the IndyGo shuttle direct to downtown Indy but this last time jumped on the city bus. I jumped off the city bus after 45 ish min and grabbed a Uber to my hotel.  I would highly suggest using the direct shuttle to downtown.