Saturday Aug. 14 - DCI Celebration - The last dance

On 8/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, keystone3ply said:

Do you have a beacon for low flying aircraft?  🤔😂

I know what I'm doing next year!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, LyleF7 said:

Kevin, I'm in section 540 row 2, right on the 50. Please don't drop anything on me!!!

I was more worried about falling! Vertigo was unexpected and not fun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I was more worried about falling! Vertigo was unexpected and not fun.

I've never been in LOS but the upper upper reaches of the Hoosier Dome were frightening. 

On 8/16/2021 at 12:20 PM, Terri Schehr said:

FYI.  You can book your hotel reservations now.  We got in at the Omni.  Does anyone know if there’s an airport shuttle because I’d prefer to not rent a car.  I never move it anyway and we Uber.  I can Uber from the airport if there’s no shuttle.  I know we’re far out from this but I’m a planner.  Fail to plan or plan to fail is my motto. 

I use Uber or Lyft for everything in Indy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

There is no way I could sit up there.  I’m afraid of heights. 

I am as well.  The only time I was up there was when family got tix in the upper block to "see the drill better" for when my sister was in band at Grand Nationals.  I made it up the stairs then turned to sit and was like "catch me...i'm falling."  Sat in that seat the whole show.  Did not get up for any intermission.  Standing up to cheer for my sister's band was hard for me.  One of the drum majors, and a long time friend of my sister, had an emergency appendectomy like a week before Grand Nationals and so she couldn't march.  They got her up there to one of those seats but she sat too because getting up was difficult. 

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I am as well.  The only time I was up there was when family got tix in the upper block to "see the drill better" for when my sister was in band at Grand Nationals.  I made it up the stairs then turned to sit and was like "catch me...i'm falling."  Sat in that seat the whole show.  Did not get up for any intermission.  Standing up to cheer for my sister's band was hard for me.  One of the drum majors, and a long time friend of my sister, had an emergency appendectomy like a week before Grand Nationals and so she couldn't march.  They got her up there to one of those seats but she sat too because getting up was difficult. 

Nope.  Can’t do it.  I can hardly look up there. 

• Haha 1

Yah. As i've aged, i've noticed the heights thing getting a bit ... extra.  I would not go up there again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skevinp said:

I’ve never minded being on an upper deck but looking up there is always a bit disturbing as it looks like everyone is about to slide off.

And don’t even get me started on those stadium escalators with the fatally high drops on either side.