Salem, NJ | Brass & Percussion
  • November 28
    Tampa, FL | All Sections
  • April 29-May 1
    Location TBD | Color Guard
  • December 5
    Leander, TX | All Sections
  • Like 1

I did not have as many conversations with people involved with any of the corps this past year and none with marching members due to the “bubbles” put in place due to Covid, but I did talk with a few Cadets parents here in Indy. From the sounds of it, things are stable with Cadets  which is not what you heard after 2018 or 2019. It also sounds as if the kids who marched enjoyed the season. This is a huge difference after  2019 when anyone you spoke with involved with the corps was disheartened. The challenge will be next year. This summer having an audience friendly show that was loved was great, but in a competitive season it might not have worked. That being said it was not an easy show and the marching members stepped up to the challenge which shows that they could be up to the challenge of future shows. Stable leadership is now in place which many of us already thought but from what I could see we saw it in action. The next challenge will be design for a competitive future. Recruiting could also be a challenge. Lots of age outs this year and other corps could look appealing. However, design and recruitment are always major challenges for just about every corps.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Can they build upon an excellent 2021?

I hope so. I have missed the Cadets during the past few years. Just could not get into their shows. And then the whole organizational mess. I want to think of 2021 as having finally put a lot of junk behind them.

• Like 5

I really hope so. This was definitely a year to reintroduce the Cadets and rekindle a relationship with them. The show was loved by so many people. The next challenge for next year is how to design a competitive show for the 2020s. I'm rooting for all their success. 

Retro show?..so what! it  was precisely the medicine I needed to fill my drum corps JONES..Good luck with recruiting for 2022..peace

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I really hope so. This was definitely a year to reintroduce the Cadets and rekindle a relationship with them. The show was loved by so many people. The next challenge for next year is how to design a competitive show for the 2020s. I'm rooting for all their success. 

Just wanted to say Congratulations on retiring from the Navy. Did my 4 as a Navy Musician. I commend you for staying in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldsnare said:

Just wanted to say Congratulations on retiring from the Navy. Did my 4 as a Navy Musician. I commend you for staying in.

Thanks a lot! It was definitely worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

I’m glad they’re putting some real effort into recruiting instead of “we’re The Cadets, kids will come and if they aren’t the best we’ll outwork the competition”

exactly!