Phantom Regiment 2022

Hope it’s not too early for this, but I think the future looks bright for Phantom after their performance tonight! This Phan is VERY happy and excited.

• Like 6

A few items on my 2022 wishlist...

- JD Shaw continues to lead the brass caption.
- Let the design team get weird. The 2020 show was going to be Mahler's 5th, so not exactly weird, but certainly something new.  
- Allow electronics to be more substantial than choral voiceovers. Rob Ferguson leads Matrix Percussion for crying out loud - "he's a peacock, you gotta let him fly." 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

A few items on my 2022 wishlist...

- JD Shaw continues to lead the brass caption.
- Let the design team get weird. The 2020 show was going to be Mahler's 5th, so not exactly weird, but certainly something new.  
- Allow electronics to be more substantial than choral voiceovers. Rob Ferguson leads Matrix Percussion for crying out loud - "he's a peacock, you gotta let him fly." 

I am not sure—do peacocks fly? 

I think Phantom has good reason to be hopeful for next year. This year’s show and the audience reaction should go a long way in recruiting and building up momentum. What this year’s show also demonstrated Phantom’s classic arrangements and style can still go a long way, but the challenge will be incorporating the style into a competitive show for the future. It can be done, but it won’t be easy. 

• Like 1

I’m just glad all beliefs that Phantom wouldn’t make finals next year have been dispelled. It’s amazing what a staff extremely well suited to a program can do in such a short amount of time.

• Like 3

Glad to see they got the fan vote. That says a lot. I figured it would be close with Phantom Regiment and The Cadets. But there were a number of corps that really brought the house down. I do think Phantom will see a rise in auditions as they move forward, so best of luck to them. I enjoyed watching them this summer and absolutely loved their show. 

• Like 2