Phantom Regiment 2022

Regiment Auditions announced! I think doing a preliminary video audition round is really going to drive up the turnout. Good for them!

https://regiment.org/programs/drum-corps/audition/?mc_cid=d73b143a1a&mc_eid=c939776ef4

17 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Why must we get used to it?  I think 2021 showed DCI and the competing corps staffs maybe it’s time to rethink the sheets.

You know, as I think about it, Boston marched quite a bit in 2021 too, without a ton of props other than the disastrously distracting video board that I hope are not repeated by anyone.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Why must we get used to it?  I think 2021 showed DCI and the competing corps staffs maybe it’s time to rethink the sheets.

DB:

Because there are corps that thrive off the current sheets more than others and, it seems, because “If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with ########.” ($1 to W.C Fields).

This is what some corps do rather well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I think 2021 showed DCI and the competing corps staffs maybe it’s time to rethink the sheets.

The Winter Meetings typically determine if the Corps do not like " the sheets ". The Judges judge from the judging sheets that have been approved by the Corps and given to the judges. The sheets were reconfigured just a few years back. Since then, I have not heard much consternation from the Corps themselves in either World Class or Open Class that the  scores and placements by the judges were not about right. As such, without voices of consernation by the Corps themselves, its logical to assume the Corps will put together shows they believe will challenge the students, be fun for them to perform, and be as competitive as they can be within their peer placement groups up and down the ranks of the World Class and Open Class Divisions. Thats my take on what we can all expect in 2022 anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

The Winter Meetings typically determine if the Corps do not like " the sheets ". The Judges judge from the judging sheets that have been approved by the Corps and given to the judges. The sheets were reconfigured just a few years back. Since then, I have not heard much consternation from the Corps themselves in either World Class or Open Class that the  scores and placements by the judges were not about right. As such, without voices of consernation by the Corps themselves, its logical to assume the Corps will put together shows they believe will challenge the students, be fun for them to perform, and be as competitive as they can be within their peer placement groups up and down the ranks of the World Class and Open Class Divisions. Thats my take on what we can all expect in 2022 anyway.

The problem is not the "sheets"...it's how judges give score.  This has been my biggest issue with DCI.  You can put anything you want but at the end of the day those that sit in judgement make the call...regardless.  A LOT of stuff is given "score" for something that isn't there.  Intent is not accomplishment.

52 minutes ago, Continental said:

Gonna be so good.  

So good to see Michael James in the mix. 

He knows Phantom.  He is a paramount fixture of beloved Phantom shows from before.  

Thank you Michael for being a part of Phantom again.  You prior contribution helped the audience to love the guard and the corps even more.  It's so great to see you with the corps again. 

You are an integral part of why people have loved this corps.

I know your contribution will make many love it even more. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

The problem is not the "sheets"...it's how judges give score.  This has been my biggest issue with DCI.  You can put anything you want but at the end of the day those that sit in judgement make the call...regardless.  A LOT of stuff is given "score" for something that isn't there.  Intent is not accomplishment.

Strongly disagree. I believe judges are committed to award the appropriate score, given the criteria they have been given. Moreover, I believe judges want to help the adjudicated to achieve the best score they can. I also believe judges give the appropriate scores based on the what and the how, caption by caption, of what the established criteria dictate. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2