Phantom Regiment 2022

If it’s more difficult to decide which is better these days, it’s because there has been a monumental shift away from the fundamentals of what drum corps is.  There has been so much more complexity and palaver added to show designs in the pursuit of creating a 100 yard theater setting which counters what drum corps is and makes judging it accurately a next to impossible mission.  You could throw darts and likely do just as good as today’s judging.  

Heaven forbid today’s staff and members found out about that the golden days of DCI actually included the occasional post-show fisticuffs between corps to further establish superiority, despite the scores.

Edited by Land_Surfer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 1:50 PM, Tim K said:

I have had enough casual conversations with folks from other corps to know there is some displeasure with scoring and a belief that judges are biased against some corps.

I'm another small brained peasant when it comes to the judging world but I never understood why the drumline I marched with was slotted in the mid teens (with the rest of the corps) and then that same winter half of them would go on to win WGI with music city. 

Edited by Smug Trumpet Guy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never quite noticed but the kick out was generally accompanied by the release of a 'cloth stingray' thingy (sometimes a whole family of them) until 2002. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

https://regiment.org/phantom-regiment-bolsters-visual-team/

Jeremy Hunt out as Visual Designer?

Edited by college-phan

42 minutes ago, college-phan said:

I think Steven is a great addition!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Hmm

May be an image of text that says 'PHANTOM REGIMENT CANDLECO. Audition Season seasons change new ”. weather brings the corps together auditions and seeing friends again. THEPHANSHOP.COM HANDPOURED 16oz'May be an image of text that says 'PHANTOM REGIMENT CANDLECO CANDLE The Lot That timeless between taking the field getting back road. Idling buses, horn arcs and the oounding pulse drums, framed th setting sun. THEPHANSHOP.COM HANDPOURED 16oz'

As long as it smells like OFF and freshly mowed grass I’m in!

• Haha 3