Phantom Regiment 2022

I got to watch the tour premier in theaters this year, and I would love do say THANK GOD SHAW IS BACK. Phantom really feels like they are back and have energy again, and it fills my heart with joy. Awesome show and am excited for how it does at the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I got to watch the tour premier in theaters this year, and I would love do say THANK GOD SHAW IS BACK. Phantom really feels like they are back and have energy again, and it fills my heart with joy. Awesome show and am excited for how it does at the end of the season. 

I couldn't say this better myself.  It started last year with that incredible weekend in Indy, and I'd hoped the momentum would push them forward this year.  It clearly has.  I'm more excited about DCI than I have been in 10 years as a result.  Here's to hoping Madison can begin to make that climb.  DCI is so much more complete when Phantom, Madison, Cadets & Cavies are all top-tier competitive and exciting.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 10:51 PM, college-phan said:

Phantom getting 6th in brass is the biggest “huh” moment in the past decade for me

I mentioned this before but on another thread, but Phantom's brass instructors are letting them blow the "gunk" out of the horns right now. This is a technique of building endurance and allowing the less experiences players to begin working on pushing to the max so they can raise the power and control level to that of the best players in the ensemble. Some corps do this differently by keeping volume down and working blend and balance early season. But this sometimes backfires because the younger or less experienced players are not challenged early enough, especially while they are moving on the field, to breath and push the way they will need to later on. 

I am sure that throughout the winter and spring camps Phantom was working proper breathing, tuning, control, balance, and blend techniques. But in performance I like the more aggressive approach the staff have taken. This will pay BIG dividends in a few weeks. Did they deserve 6th in brass? No, not when I factor in achievement vs content or composition, but they were out of tune and sloppy. So they were not going to be top 3 at this past show. 

But this is a brass line to watch out for. They may pass Cavaliers in brass. The Mandarins may do this as well. That is one heck of a brass line. Could Phantom catch up to BD, Bloo, Crown, Boston, and SCV in brass? That might be tough but I would not be shocked if they were a top 6 line by season's end. Percussion is pretty sweet this year too with a very effective book. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Boy, you want to talk about letting the performers really push it...this is that. The power and the air flow needed. Amazing! As this line builds endurance they are just going to thrill audiences. 

I also like how Phantom Regiment this season struck a balance in their attire between the “ modern “ and the “ traditional “ . It’s definitely a modern attire , but retains the look and vibe of Phantom Regiment . Still classy , sophisticated looking , imo 

• Like 7

From FB:

⚠️SAFETY UPDATE⚠️
The health & safety of our members, volunteers, and staff has been our highest priority throughout the 2022 season.
In order to keep our members healthy and ensure we have as few holes as possible to start our competitive season, all rehearsals will now be closed to the public. Only those on tour teaching, designing, working, volunteering, or performing will be permitted in our “bubble.”
We thank you for your support and for your shared commitment to the health & safety of our corps.

And an answer to a question:

Q: This is great but will there be a contact person for parents to give or get items from their student.
A: That will not be possible until further notice.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

From FB:

⚠️SAFETY UPDATE⚠️
The health & safety of our members, volunteers, and staff has been our highest priority throughout the 2022 season.
In order to keep our members healthy and ensure we have as few holes as possible to start our competitive season, all rehearsals will now be closed to the public. Only those on tour teaching, designing, working, volunteering, or performing will be permitted in our “bubble.”
We thank you for your support and for your shared commitment to the health & safety of our corps.

And an answer to a question:

Q: This is great but will there be a contact person for parents to give or get items from their student.
A: That will not be possible until further notice.

A prudent move on the organization’s part. 

• Like 7