Phantom Regiment 2022

32 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

So is this you volunteering to wipe everything down with the care packages with anti-bacterial wipes? 😊

Going to caveat this comment with two things: 

1. I think this move by Phantom is very smart and I am glad they are taking these precautions for the safety of their members 

2. I don’t want to get into another Covid debate on DCP ever again, it never ends well

With that said the overwhelming consensus among the research community is that the primary mode of transmission is airborne respiratory droplets, and that the risk of inoculation from surface contaminants/fomites is extremely low. I personally think disallowing care packages is a bit excessive based on current infectious guidelines and research, but I also totally respect their decision

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love talking about COVID

And+Now+Back+to+Our+Regularly+Scheduled+

Edited by PRomoter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Got to watch the Tour Premiere tonight. Phantom sounds good so far but looks fantastic. Seriously - they absolutely nailed the visual and drill and uniforms. I’m very pleased with the show so far, and I’m certain that, regardless of placement, we’ll look back on this as - great step one of the rebuild.

Mike

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I totally agree with this! We have to keep the marching members/staff safe at all costs. If we want to continue to enjoy this activity, it is what it is. Every corps is dealing with this in some form or fashion. My son marches Colts and I know that had a few “mild” cases. If me keeping distance secures the safety of the corps, so be it.

Not to nitpick because I'm all for safety and common sense but if the virus is already in the corps and then they go into a bubble. They aren't protecting the members by going into a bubble, they are trying to prevent it from leaving their bubble.

If I wear waterproof shoes but my socks are already wet when I put the shoes on, what good is it that my shoes are waterproof Maybe it prevents some more water from coming in but there can still be leaks while I travel.

I'll be honest, I have zero knowledge of how tour worked for groups last year but I have to believe there was a method for parents to deliver to and receive items from their children on tour. Simply leaving a package somewhere and then letting someone pick it up should not be a problem. That transaction doesn't require a personal interaction. Tour staff has to take food deliveries or go grocery shopping to feed the corps. I'm sure corps admin staff interacts with show staff. What about staff that come in and out during the summer? There has to be a way for parents to get their kids stuff while limiting personal interaction. That is my only issue with what it appears they are doing.

15 hours ago, Cappybara said:

It feels so good to hear phantom sound like phantom. It helps that the show is fantastic musically as well, it’s been a while since I’ve been able to even think about putting phantom’s show in my signature, they’re definitely landing there this year 

Absolutely.  My main reaction to watching the premiere was "THERE'S that low brass presence I've been missing!"

• Like 2

I also LOVE that the YT PR channel showed up on a show video to read the comments and chat:

PR-YT-chat.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rcawth said:

It's not about people in stands. It's when people from "outside" want to interact with the members/bring them things. Covid is getting in some how and they've got to stop that. No one is seriously ill but it does cause them to miss shows and rehearsal for 5 days. The more you can prevent that the better the corps will be.

I agree with this. 100%. This is the best Regiment show since 2013, maybe 2012. They have to keep the members healthy so they don't have to miss rehearsal, amongst other things.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

So is this you volunteering to wipe everything down with the care packages with anti-bacterial wipes? 😊

Anti-bacterial wipes are antibacterial, not antiviral... Just food for thought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Not to nitpick because I'm all for safety and common sense but if the virus is already in the corps and then they go into a bubble. They aren't protecting the members by going into a bubble, they are trying to prevent it from leaving their bubble.

If I wear waterproof shoes but my socks are already wet when I put the shoes on, what good is it that my shoes are waterproof Maybe it prevents some more water from coming in but there can still be leaks while I travel.

I'll be honest, I have zero knowledge of how tour worked for groups last year but I have to believe there was a method for parents to deliver to and receive items from their children on tour. Simply leaving a package somewhere and then letting someone pick it up should not be a problem. That transaction doesn't require a personal interaction. Tour staff has to take food deliveries or go grocery shopping to feed the corps. I'm sure corps admin staff interacts with show staff. What about staff that come in and out during the summer? There has to be a way for parents to get their kids stuff while limiting personal interaction. That is my only issue with what it appears they are doing.

I completely disagree with your theory, but you are certainly entitled to it. I know my son had to deal with corps life last year during the height of COVID and things could change at any moment. I trust Colts staff to do what’s best for the marching members. To your point, there should be a way to send/receive items to your child. Whether in person or via mail, it should be possible. I’d keep checking with corps administration. 

7 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I completely disagree with your theory, but you are certainly entitled to it. I know my son had to deal with corps life last year during the height of COVID and things could change at any moment. I trust Colts staff to do what’s best for the marching members. To your point, there should be a way to send/receive items to your child. Whether in person or via mail, it should be possible. I’d keep checking with corps administration. 

Just to be clear, I don't question them going to a bubble. That is fine. I just question the fact it seems hastily put together without a plan to allow for things like items to be exchanged with members. That was an immediate concern brought up in the comments by a couple of parents and the commented response back was essentially 'No." Especially for parents already in process of sending things or in route to give their kids items. You'd think a group that spent all of last year going through a bubble that could have been easily accommodated via an established work around.