Phantom Regiment 2022

16 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Alright what DCPer is going to step up to fill the director roll?!

I hereby nominate PRomoter!

I feel like they have actually dropped the tempo a bit in the big Mahler sections to let it play out more organically…I am loving it!!

10 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I hereby nominate PRomoter!

I was a band director in my former life, but as much as I loved it, I also don’t miss the headaches 😂

• Like 1

Big scoring jump in Huntington tonight: 87.2. That puts them in contention with Cavies. 

• Like 5

On 7/31/2022 at 3:03 PM, KVG_DC said:

I think it will.  The dynamic shaping was showing up via the stream last night and I noticed it right away.  It starts bringing out the emotion of the music more and more.  That's a classic Phantom thing and JD Shaw's writing will sparkle in these kid's hands.

Me too.  I wish Friday was already here!  Can’t wait to see the progress since Texas!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

As I pointed out to a good friend of mine on here, I've noted that this year, even with the last minute change of drill designers, no one is complaining about drill design.

I hope they stay with Phantom.  It's been such a positive year for your efforts. 

I couldn’t agree more…

• Like 2

This post is not a rant against PR’s placement in any way. I will never understand how such a complicated scoring system as DCI has can yield results that are consistent down to 1/100 of a point. That just doesn’t seem possible without comparing sheets. I appraise houses, and it just isn’t possible for an appraisal to be as consistent as DCI. Three different appraisers would yield three close, but different results. 

• Thanks 1