Phantom Regiment 2022

2 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Here are my only two issues with the show. The 'moaning' track seems to be there just because. If you took it away, it wouldn't detract from the show, thus, it really doesn't add anything to the show. It seems like it's one of those, 'we better put something in to make us seem in step with the times' moments.

Secondly, the 48-count booty shake in the second number. After 16 counts I was like, "enough already", yet it continued. THAT has to change. Add drill, add music, I don't care, just get past this as quickly as possible.

Think anyone at PR is reading this? Probably not!

The moaning track seems to be a Phantom staple in the modern day haha, but I agree. I don’t think that’s something that can be designed out of the show at this point, but going forth, Phantom does need to figure out how to better integrate electronics and amplification in a way that is unique to them and their brand. It’ll a work in progress, but at least we have a strong musical program as a foundation.

Regarding the snare feature, I feel like that was something added a bit more spuriously to aid some ailing percussion scores. I like the idea and how it fits musically, but yeah, the visual needs a bit more in that moment. I don’t think it needs to be something complicated, but perhaps a little more diversity in the movement. Regardless, by tomorrow they’ll have had more rehearsal days in the past week than the rest of the top twelve. They’ll be debuting some changes, I’m sure, and I’m cautiously optimistic about what they might be.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

They do. 

Well, heck, if I'd known that, I'd have posted more suggestions here all season 🙂

I'll restate again how much I love this show, both design and performance. It reminds people what drum corps was, and still can be, and it deserves to be one of the fan favorites.

I'm hoping for one or more of these updates: 1) a chevron instead of the brass block on the first main hit in the closer, 2) a wedge at the end, 3) something more than the single conductor's costume quick-change during "the walk", 4) a use of the platforms at the end of the show. 

Whatever the final product is, the closer is such a beast, I'll be watching it over and over and over.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Think anyone at PR is reading this? Probably not!

If you want your ideals to get heard, come volunteer with the corps. You could trap JD somewhere everyday and give him your wildest ideals. Much more likely to get your ideals through than just posting them on here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, totaleefree said:

If you want your ideals to get heard, come volunteer with the corps. You could trap JD somewhere everyday and give him your wildest ideals. Much more likely to get your ideals through than just posting them on here

None of my concerns were music related.

Allentown was crazy tonight for Phantom! Love the changes and I think by this time next week, they’re going to be rolling and ready to go. So excited for this corp and it’s future.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, college-phan said:

Allentown was crazy tonight for Phantom! Love the changes and I think by this time next week, they’re going to be rolling and ready to go. So excited for this corp and it’s future.

Agreed. After this they have nowhere to go but up.

22 hours ago, billj said:

🙂 ... I'm hoping for one or more of these updates: 1) a chevron instead of the brass block on the first main hit in the closer, 2) a wedge at the end, 3) something more than the single conductor's costume quick-change during "the walk", 4) a use of the platforms at the end of the show. 

Two down, two to go! I'll take the horizontal front-most props during the walk as improved highlighting of the conductor's walk and costume change, although it seemed necessary because of the addition of the chevron.

I don't know if corps typically make significant drill changes (like adding the wedge at the end) this close to the end of the season, but if they did, it would bring the house down even more.

• Like 1