Phantom Regiment 2022

On 8/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, gbass598 said:

Not sure if you watched the Agedout podcast review the Atl lot video or just the video itself but this is exactly their assessment.

very heavy handed. I love me some strong quality taps but you can push it too far to the point it doesn’t feel comfortable or flow out of the hands.

I haven't but I'll check it out. I watched the video and it was just really obvious.

Counting down the hours until Thursday's show.  Beyond excited to experience that passion, joy & energy that is this year's incredible Regiment music book and brass performance.

Harvey

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

Counting down the hours until Thursday's show.  Beyond excited to experience that passion, joy & energy that is this year's incredible Regiment music book and brass performance.

Harvey

Thank you to the staff, marching members, and all the volunteers who are a part of this wonderful edition of Regiment 2022. You do this organization proud! 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, drumhead31 said:

Their Facebook post today says there are still changes to be made. Doubt they are big changes unless they have been practicing them and just haven't put them in during a performance yet.

Don't read too much into that, was just me romanticizing the final week of the season. "The final week, final push" type stuff. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

This right here is why I no longer enjoy watching DCI.  I'm not saying "Get rid of it, and get out of my yard!", I'm saying I personally prefer drill and marching over staging and body movement.  I loved the Cadets shows in the mid '80's where they hardly ever stopped marching, as opposed to shows from the last few years where it seems like they rarely ever started marching.

This newer type of drum corps performances are always going to be either accepted or not. What I don't personally enjoy is that the drill has become almost completely missing and it has become a copycat presentation. I just don't see a place for members running around with a suitcase or riding a bicycle. No talent needed to do that and it doesn't stoke my sensors of enjoyment. Some of it is just plain dumb. Musical execution will always seem to be what I enjoy most. Also another copy cat situation is snare rim shots. OK, OK we all know that every snare drummer can do it. Now its time to retire that stroke. 

The percussion needs to compliment the brass, not overtake section of the show that doesn't match the flow of the music. An example is when percussion enters into a swing beat. More flow instead of small forced percussion solo performances. 

I marched many rooms ago when we were regimented statues. I do enjoy all of the movement and some creative dance, but tis just too overwhelming at times. 

Thoughts?

I already loved the drill in the 2022 show, but the Akron video really showed it off.  The camera view was very high and really showed off the movement, especially the final couple of minutes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

Harvey

Jealous...I won't be there until Friday.

6 hours ago, rcawth said:

Don't read too much into that, was just me romanticizing the final week of the season. "The final week, final push" type stuff. 

Haha, hope they make a big push.

If I were program coordinator for a day, this is what I would do for the ending, right after the Chevron build, pause for 2 counts, then move it forward at tempo 4 counts BEFORE splitting out at double tempo. Then, end in the off-center wedgie!

If I were program coordinator!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

If I were program coordinator for a day, this is what I would do for the ending, right after the Chevron build, pause for 2 counts, then move it forward at tempo 4 counts BEFORE splitting out at double tempo. Then, end in the off-center wedgie!

If I were program coordinator!

That looks like Phantom as you describe. I like it!