MADISON SCOUTS 2022

I hope this topic is not too early for discussion. But, I believe based on what I saw from the Scouts from their first gender inclusive shortened season, I believe that they can have a really good season next year. I understand that they are starting a competitive winter percussion program, a winter guard, and teaming up with the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire. I think this will be great for talent development during the winter months for the Scouts. The future can be good for them again!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Not surprisingly, the first three 2022 topics are for Cadets, Regiment, and Scouts, three organizations seemingly on the uptick in terms of fan excitement. 

Why do you think the fans liked them so much this year?

32 minutes ago, bobjective said:

Because this year, Madison had heart … the heart … the heart

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobjective said:

For all of those corps, I'd say it's a combination of several things:
- Hard competitive times recently that have made fans hungry
- New design teams (or key design members) that have elevated competence 
- A return to familiarity that fans gravitated to
- Students that exceeded performance expectations in 2021

• Like 2

I only have 4 personal wishes going into 2022 for the Scouts:

-Please bring back the iconic/classic look in some fashion or form.

-Bring back the Latin music in some modern fashion. There is a ton of great source music out there that you can work with.

-Please keep the average age of the corps up, the maturity level was evident this year.

-Please be cautious not to take a step back in the design: ie (1988 to 1989).

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Because this year, Madison had heart … the heart … the heart

######. This was the first season that Ear worm didn’t trigger when seeing them….until now 

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2021 at 7:33 PM, bobjective said:

Traditional shows and music , and few props . Little running to positions . Instead mostly traditional marching and visuals  , ie company fronts . Traditional uniforms and shakos . Retention of Corps traditional corps colors . These things were appealing to both newer fans and legacy fans . Same with Phantom and Cadets . Of course this naturally all changes once the judges return next season and it’s scored competition again instead of exhibitions 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Traditional shows and music , and few props . Little running to positions . Instead mostly traditional marching and visuals  , ie company fronts . Traditional uniforms and shakos . Retention of Corps traditional corps colors . These things were appealing to both newer fans and legacy fans . Same with Phantom and Cadets . Of course this naturally all changes once the judges return next season and it’s scored competition again instead of exhibitions 

HAs nothing to do with judging.

.Remember the corps decide what and how the criteria comes about and how and what direction the activity moves

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

HAs nothing to do with judging.

.Remember the corps decide what and how the criteria comes about and how and what direction the activity moves

Actually, no.  If "score" is given for "things" rather than "demand", "performance" and "exposure" forces the never ending "get score" aka things race.  Had judging did this in the 80's one would think Star's "hamster wheels" (and extra semi) would have started this race decades earlier.

Edited by Mello Dude