15 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Pardon my ignorance…what is Adams horns? That’s a brand I have never heard of. 

I think Spirit of Atlanta utilized the brand a few years back. I have no familiarization with them, other than they make them in Netherlands I think. I have no idea what Boston will use for brass horns this summer. I just took a guess when I heard " partnership with Pearl/ Adams " and" Instruments to be used ". I think Boston uses Yamaha brand in brass these days, but not entirely sure

Edited by Boss Anova

27 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I think Spirit of Atlanta utilized the brand a few years back. I have no familiarization with them, other than they make them in Netherlands I think. I have no idea what Boston will use for brass horns this summer. I just took a guess when I heard " partnership with Pearl/ Adams " and" Instruments to be used ". I think Boston uses Yamaha brand in brass these days, but not entirely sure

Yamaha is what I would use. 

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yamaha is what I would use. 

I started out early with Getzen brass in tow...  much later, marched with Dynasty's brass

Anything today is better than those... lol !

BD utilizes System Blue horns..  people outside of BD often say the horns are substandard in quality. Well.. ok... haha

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

We all knew Adams for their keyboard instruments. They were an alternative to Musser back then (and would assume they still are) and were a bit more "beefy."

48 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We all knew Adams for their keyboard instruments. They were an alternative to Musser back then (and would assume they still are) and were a bit more "beefy."

I believe Boston utilized the Mapex/ Majestic partnership and Percussion instruments for awhile there several years back when they were in the lower Top12. Pearl Percussion has for many years been highly regarded Drum Co, drummers tell me. I am not all that familiar with the Adams brand of musical instruments, so I'll take your word for it.

7 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I believe Boston utilized the Mapex/ Majestic partnership and Percussion instruments for awhile there several years back when they were in the lower Top12. Pearl Percussion has for many years been highly regarded Drum Co, drummers tell me. I am not all that familiar with the Adams brand of musical instruments, so I'll take your word for it.

Mapex are nice but I come from a completely different time LOL. You had Yamaha, Pearl, Ludwig and Premier. Those were pretty much your choices and this was prior to the free-floater days. But I do remember Adams keyboards being around Atlanta Pro Percussion. 

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Mapex are nice but I come from a completely different time LOL. You had Yamaha, Pearl, Ludwig and Premier. Those were pretty much your choices and this was prior to the free-floater days. But I do remember Adams keyboards being around Atlanta Pro Percussion. 

Slingerland Co used to be big in Drum Corps Drums too... but in a different time, different era.  Getzen horns were big at one time too in Drum Corps.  Times change. New mfg's arrive on the scene, make their mark. Others fade.

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Slingerland Co used to be big in Drum Corps Drums too... but in a different time, different era.  Getzen horns were big at one time too in Drum Corps.  Times change. New mfg's arrive on the scene, make their mark. Others fade.

Yes. The TDR's kind of went by the way side by the mid-80's. Slingerland simply couldn't compete with the imports coming from Japan (Yamaha and Pearl,)and if I remember correctly the company was sold.

I have an old TDR up in the attic somewhere with the slapshot strainer. I also bought a bunch of sheets of Slingerlands white marine pearl at some point in the early-ish to mid 90's. 

Hi Ladies and Gents. A new season is upon us. For those in the know, Are the Broken City guys still involved with Boston?