So I came home to Maine today...only because my motorhome's fresh water system holds enough for about five days' usage.   Still, as it is now nearly 7pm, I am already missing the opportunity to watch ensemble.   I can’t wait to head back up about a week from now.  It's an 8 hour round-trip for me but worth every mile. I will say the  Boston Crusaders are about to have a very special season. Special thanks to Colin McNutt for a great conversation last night. Funfact: one of the years when I was a drill tech for BAC I was tasked with giving the drum line spots, including a 17 year old tenor player named Colin.  😀

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, craiga said:

So I came home to Maine today...only because my motorhome's fresh water system holds enough for about five days' usage.   Still, as it is now nearly 7pm, I am already missing the opportunity to watch ensemble.   I can’t wait to head back up about a week from now.  It's an 8 hour round-trip for me but worth every mile. I will say the  Boston Crusaders are about to have a very special season. Special thanks to Colin McNutt for a great conversation last night. Funfact: one of the years when I was a drill tech for BAC I was tasked with giving the drum line spots, including a 17 year old tenor player named Colin.  😀

Great reporting, craig and an even better fun fact. Thanks for the updates. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Great reporting, craig and an even better fun fact. Thanks for the updates. 

Thanks for the reports.  You are the eyes and ears of those of us that are away

BAC just unveiled their new drums for Paradise Lost...black matte finish with all black hardware.  It is on their FB page and if I knew how to post the video here, I would! 😀

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

I don't know much about drums. Perhaps a drummer might chime in of what they think about Pearl versus others...Didn't BAC use Yamaha before?...Would you consider these an upgrade or just the same as say Yamaha?...These look cool though...

Edited by Liahona

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I don't know much about drums. Perhaps a drummer might chime in of what they think about Pearl versus others...Didn't BAC use Yamaha before?...Would you consider these an upgrade or just the same as say Yamaha?...These look cool though...

every manufacturer has their pros and cons ( well Premier drums say 1991-1995 had no cons and Stingray any version had no pros, even if i did win several drum titles with them playing and teaching). They all have varying degrees of weight, shell depths, shell types, sizes, some hardware is more durable than others...a lot of it is personal preference by the people with the power to choose, or the director making the deal for a corps worth of equipment. The last year I taught we had a Mapex set i absolutely loved, by the circuit i judged in used Surfs Mapex drums for the Thanksgiving parade and they were ####### heavy as hell! 

lately, the more I see Tama marching being used, the more they are becoming my flavor of choice. I'll be interested to see Ludwig with BD since Ludwig hasn't been a player in eons.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

every manufacturer has their pros and cons ( well Premier drums say 1991-1995 had no cons and Stingray any version had no pros, even if i did win several drum titles with them playing and teaching). They all have varying degrees of weight, shell depths, shell types, sizes, some hardware is more durable than others...a lot of it is personal preference by the people with the power to choose, or the director making the deal for a corps worth of equipment. The last year I taught we had a Mapex set i absolutely loved, by the circuit i judged in used Surfs Mapex drums for the Thanksgiving parade and they were ####### heavy as hell! 

lately, the more I see Tama marching being used, the more they are becoming my flavor of choice. I'll be interested to see Ludwig with BD since Ludwig hasn't been a player in eons.

If BD functions like RCC did for WGI, they'll still have those horrid System Blue snare drums but use Ludwig basses and tenors. The Ludwig tenors are a million times better than those System Blue drums. I just wish they'd use the Ludwig snares.