Boston made some very shrewd decisions, not the least of which was concentrating recruitment on a state which never locked down its music programs. It's quite likely they will be at the head of the pack when the competitions commence.

All the usual suspects will have excellent brass, percussion and design. Look for Boston's guard to be the determining factor. The corps has been knocking on the championship door for a few years. This time they may very well knock it down.

• Like 4

Well, I'm not a Boston homer, but I think they're going to make some serious noise this summer, and I will applaud them for their efforts!

• Like 4

just posted on the Crusaders Facebook page

Hey Castleton! We have a show for you this weekend! Come see what we've been working on this month at the Castleton Community Night Performance this Saturday, June 18th at 7 pm at Dave Wolk Stadium!

Not in Castleton? Stay tuned for Concert in the Park next Tuesday to hear a preview of our show. We'll be streaming that performance here on Facebook Live at 5 pm ET!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hNJTZSvAU8cjF4zE8

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 2

So BAC is beginning to wrap up ST.  Show’s done.  First public performance is Saturday night, Community Night, in beautiful Castleton, VT.

A couple more days then they hit the road. First stop is downtown Boston.  Very likely will visit where it all began; Hyde Park.  
Then on the road to add in learning how to tour.  A couple of stops for more performance rehearsals  before Detroit.

BAC will be very ready.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

In other news, close to a dozen BAC board members in meetings yesterday with Bill Belichick. No, I am not making that up.

Did he finish with... " we're on to Detroit " ?   ( by the way, the 9 faces of BB ) :  😃aYbmM80_700b.jpg

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, craiga said:

I arrived late yesterday and was able to watch full ensemble last night.  I actually wrote a lengthy and detailed review of what I saw last night, but the dcp servers wouldn't let me post it...perhaps due to the length of it.

So, I'll now try to give a brief summary:

Last night 6/14, BAC did another full performance run of the entire show....that's Parts 1-5, top to bottom with no stops and no met.  This is the strongest corps Boston has ever produced. The 48 member guard is again pushing every envelope they can find, the drum line is at another level this year, and the 80 member hornline is made up of mostly brass performance majors from various Texas colleges, and it sounds like it.  9 of the 12 tubas are vets, the 26 member bass trombone feature is worth the price of admission, and who would expect Boston to unleash several trumpet screamers?

At 165 members and the most aggressive visual and music program they have ever displayed, this is literally a MONSTER of a drum corps...complete with new age technology while still employing legacy elements such as an incredibly visceral weapons package and an actual company front near end!

I could go on and on, but I will leave it at this. With this drum corps firing on all cylinders right now they are arguably in contention to end up at or  very near the top in August.  And for those who would dismiss me as a typical, clueless homer I get it. Hope you enjoy the Boston Crusaders!

So I get excited to see BAC every June but man, you’re getting me jazzed!!

• Like 3

Hmmmm.....BAC staff including caption heads high fiving each other after tonight's run.  What could it mean......?