19 hours ago, Liahona said:

It is definitely a departure from seasons past in terms of music selections no doubt. I get a feeling it is not going to be everyones taste. 

It took me awhile for Animal Farm, too.  The first time I saw it I was like WTF?  This isn’t that out there but I need to see it on the field a few times.  I’m not quite there yet with it..

• Like 3

The show is written for the full production on the field. The music and visual certainly take it to another level. I    am super excited for the season. Pushing through covid, putting a champion level show on the field last year, supporting the team from a board perspective on "no years off" Building A Champion will pay dividends. 

• Like 7

Let's see what you got, Boston!

• Like 2

I didn’t get to the concert this year so I can only rely on the videos and the opinions of friends who were present. I think the musical book has great potential, though I will say that seeing the show will be critical. Personally stand up concerts are enjoyable but rarely give me an idea of what we will see. Friends who did attend and can be pretty picky about small details (two are church musicians, one teaches organ so they are champions of picky) felt they sounded better than previous years. 

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It took me awhile for Animal Farm, too.  The first time I saw it I was like WTF?  This isn’t that out there but I need to see it on the field a few times.  I’m not quite there yet with it..

Funny you mention it because I got “Animal Farm” vibes from this show. I’m kinda “meh” on this show at the moment but I’d be surprised if it didn’t grow on me by finals. Unlike in 2014, I will see this show live a number of times this summer and I’m sure I’ll find myself attending a BAC rehearsal a time or two. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

Funny you mention it because I got “Animal Farm” vibes from this show. I’m kinda “meh” on this show at the moment but I’d be surprised if it didn’t grow on me by finals. Unlike in 2014, I will see this show live a number of times this summer and I’m sure I’ll find myself attending a BAC rehearsal a time or two. 

I’m sure I’ll warm up to it.  I won’t see anything in person until Indy.

Edit:  I already forgot that we’re going to the Cincinnati show 8/8.  🤦‍♀️ Old timer’s disease. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

Having seen this show develop over the entire course of ST, I agree with SuperSaderFan.  I think at one point I described it as a music and visual "feast", and I wasn't just referring to the otherworldly guard, (which it IS, more than ever).  There are layers of coordination in this show which frankly are a level above what this design team has done before. And, the fact that the brass are in white, percussion in black, and guard in red really brings that coordination into focus.  I am not hyping this year's BAC, but I am saying this is a whole new level design for them.  This year's visual design dwarfs both Goliath and Zoom, in my opinion.   I think many people, including some who may not be traditional Boston fans may find themselves liking this production.  One final thought, because I really am trying to be honest.  As a non-drummer, the drum solo "Snake" makes absolutely no sense to me in the context of a standstill, but wait until you see it on the field....it is an amazing, dare I say, avant garde production which has to be seen to be believed. Will other teams be better? I really don't know. But I will stand by my earlier comments that Paradise Lost is a wholly different visual package than anything BAC has put out there before 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

Having seen this show develop over the entire course of ST, I agree with SuperSaderFan.  I think at one point I described it as a music and visual "feast", and I wasn't just referring to the otherworldly guard, (which it IS, more than ever).  There are layers of coordination in this show which frankly are a level above what this design team has done before. And, the fact that the brass are in white, percussion in black, and guard in red really brings that coordination into focus.  I am not hyping this year's BAC, but I am saying this is a whole new level design for them.  This year's visual design dwarfs both Goliath and Zoom, in my opinion.   I think many people, including some who may not be traditional Boston fans may find themselves liking this production.  One final thought, because I really am trying to be honest.  As a non-drummer, the drum solo "Snake" makes absolutely no sense to me in the context of a standstill, but wait until you see it on the field....it is an amazing, dare I say, avant garde production which has to be seen to be believed. Will other teams be better? I really don't know. But I will stand by my earlier comments that Paradise Lost is a wholly different visual package than anything BAC has put out there before 

Well, I find it somewhat amusing that BAC is playing Maslanka, and has a drum solo called "Snake" because of Cavaliers '89, and of course the many years that the Cavaliers had "Snake" drill in their shows.

I noticed last year's Zoom production had Flight of the Bumblebee aka "The Green Hornet ( Go Bruce Lee)", which one could compare to BD's "Flight of the Bumblebee", and then there was Mercury, who Cavaliers are known for winning with while playing. Of course Boston played Sensemaya in 2018, which has been played successfully by Crown (2009), Cavaliers (1994), and Cadets (2018).

It seems to me that Boston is doing something that has been done successfully by Star of Indiana and Crown in the past when they were building for a championship:  You play something that has been played by someone else, and you play it better, or you try to play it better.  You play it fresh and in your own way, but a comparison can be drawn.

It's like they're saying, "We good enough for you to compare us to the big boys".

I'm totally cool with it too.

Boston totally dominated Mercury, and 

55 minutes ago, craiga said:

it is an amazing, dare I say, avant garde production which has to be seen to be believed. Will other teams be better? I really don't know. But I will stand by my earlier comments that Paradise Lost is a wholly different visual package than anything BAC has put out there before 

I have not really been a fan of avant guarde productions in the past by other groups...That said, I will give BAC a real chance to wow me or win me over in that regard...I am at a point now as a Boston fan not worrying about whether their show becomes a fan favorite anymore ( I can name a dozen of those at least)... but a production that can be at least considered medal worthy in its design.  BAC stated goal has been the quest of building a champion and I will support what this championship caliber staff thinks they need to do to reach that stated goal...

• Like 1