The Boston Crusaders have already won the 2022 DCI Season! As recently as only one month ago when I was posting from Castleton that I felt BAC was preparing its best corps in history and they might well be a contender, nearly every nonBAC fan here on dcp was saying no way...not possible....Boston would surely be in 5th or 6th again.

While we certainly can't know what will happen in August, clearly BAC has beaten expectations already.  Many people are now openly, even casually discussing a medal possibility, and for those of us who have been around for a bit, when have you last heard the talking heads on dcp seriously discussing Boston in the same sentence as the top 4 corps? I rest my case. Boston Crusaders have won.

• Like 6

Boston needs to do something about all of the very visible squirming/futzing inside the middle prop while there are other things happening on the field. It’s a big distraction from what should be the focus. A simple cover or screen will do it. 

14 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Well maybe the Tango piece seems reminiscent of Crown, but it was written by Ryan George. Not a Crown person.  He’s been with Boston for many years, so musically it is his brass influence along with Gino’s input that keeps the show musically away from Crown.  This is like saying Crown is much like old Cadets because that’s where their staff is from.  The never ending inferences (more than inferences) that Boston is doing old Crown stuff is getting tired.  And is a reach.  Time to move on people.  I could explain more,  but it’s useless to do so. The chatter will remain.  Boston will keep working on the show and make changes and add layers.  Until everyone gets to Broken Arrow, Denton and San Antonio it’s all biased blather.

How is it that someone can write a bunch of words saying they like a show, think it will place well, are supportive of the corps, and all BAC and Crown fans hear is “biased blather” and insults? Saying that you’ve noticed designers’ trademarks in a show is not an insult. People say it about BD every day. 😉 You’ll get used to it. 

And yeah, the chatter will remain. That’s a good thing!!! This is a level of scrutiny that’s usually reserved for champions and deserving champions. If BAC were performing at this level and no one was talking about it, you’d cry foul, and you’d be right. People are discussing the show and taking BAC seriously. Would you rather we didn’t? You’ve got to embrace it and relax. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

How is it that someone can write a bunch of words saying they like a show, think it will place well, are supportive of the corps, and all BAC and Crown fans hear is “biased blather” and insults? Saying that you’ve noticed designers’ trademarks in a show is not an insult. People say it about BD every day. 😉 You’ll get used to it. 

And yeah, the chatter will remain. That’s a good thing!!! This is a level of scrutiny that’s usually reserved for champions and deserving champions. If BAC were performing at this level and no one was talking about it, you’d cry foul, and you’d be right. People are discussing the show and taking BAC seriously. Would you rather we didn’t? You’ve got to embrace it and relax. 

Spot on

• Like 1