8 hours ago, craiga said:

I am disappointed of course that they are essentially sealing up the drum corps from the outside world.  They have been very effective in keeping the kids healthy so far, so I am supportive of them taking whatever measures are necessary to maintain the status quo.

You Sir, I have to bow down to. I really really really bit my tongue in the preseason when you were reporting on Boston’s progress. Although I didn’t say anything, I was certainly laughing behind the scenes. I thought, with what I saw initially, they were destined for 5th or 6th. I couldn’t have been more wrong, obviously. And, you know what? I couldn’t be happier. I am so happy for Boston, the tremendeous success they have been having, the brilliant layering they have been adding to the show, and the performances they have been giving. Those kids have to be beyond thrilled. Now, there’s just one more thing I hope I’m wrong about - and we’ll see if Boston can do it. Even if they can’t, we have to chalk this season up to a tremendeous success.

I will never doubt you again! You better believe that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

You Sir, I have to bow down to. I really really really bit my tongue in the preseason when you were reporting on Boston’s progress. Although I didn’t say anything, I was certainly laughing behind the scenes. I thought, with what I saw initially, they were destined for 5th or 6th. I couldn’t have been more wrong, obviously. And, you know what? I couldn’t be happier. I am so happy for Boston, the tremendeous success they have been having, the brilliant layering they have been adding to the show, and the performances they have been giving. Those kids have to be beyond thrilled. Now, there’s just one more thing I hope I’m wrong about - and we’ll see if Boston can do it. Even if they can’t, we have to chalk this season up to a tremendeous success.

I will never doubt you again! You better believe that.

Don't let craiga fool you.  He knows nothing.  The drum corps genius is his little dog   🙂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BAC91 said:

Don't let craiga fool you.  He knows nothing.  The drum corps genius is his little dog   🙂

Max is my 6 year old Yorkie, and he started coming  to spring training in May 2017.   All the kids know him well.  You can say what you want about Gino, Colin, Michael, Leon, Keith and the rest coming on board that year, but everyone knows it was Max joining the team that has made the difference!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This begs for a call out, "Do it for Max!" during finals.  I bet the kids would charge for that.

• Like 1

I appreciate the Corps doing what is best for the Kids and their well-being and Health.

But, Corps these days have to realize that there is a MASSIVE Demand for "CONTENT" from them. Outside of just performing. 

The professional Level Camera and Recording equipment could be getting put to use and Monetizing this demand for Pre-season and In-Season Content. 

The First corps to figure out Twitch will make so much money from running a Daily stream during ensemble, Lot Warm-ups, BTS, Staff, Member Post-show Reactions. The Content is limitless. 

Edited by Glenn426

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

This begs for a call out, "Do it for Max!" during finals.  I bet the kids would charge for that.

The traditional yell is "Eat 'em up, Boston."  Last year I added "The pretzels are in the tree."  Perhaps "You need to share them with Max" would be a good tag.

I met Max - finally - in June.  I'm not much of a dog person, but Max is freakin' adorable.

5 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I appreciate the Corps what is best for the Kids their well-being and Health.

But, Corps these days have to realize that there is a MASSIVE Demand for "CONTENT" from them. Outside of just performing. 

The professional Level Camera and Recording equipment could be getting put to use and Monetizing this demand for Pre-season and In-Season Content. 

The First corps to figure out Twitch will make so much money from running a Daily stream during ensemble, Lot Warm-ups, BTS, Staff, Member Post-show Reactions. The Content is limitless. 

I'm guessing Crown or Bluecoats will be the first. BTW what does the Crown app actually do when you have it on at a show??

I have never reallly had much interest in Boston Crusaders, I found their post-2016 shows kinda cringey, like Goliath and the witch one. 

This show tackles some rich stuff musically and they are doing it with such finesse. Listen to Boston and SCV back to back, the difference in dynamic contrast is striking. Love the clean abstractness of the visual - white brass, red color guard, black percussion. Some of the colorguard uniforms are so abstract and minimalist they don't have shirts.