I have a question, and sorry if this has been asked and explained a 100 times, but why is the drum line in black and hornline in white. I quite like it, but I don't know the reasoning.

3 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Perhaps they will scrap the performers playing it , and just utilize sound engineering advanced technology to achieve point reward . Personally , I think it’s pretty unique what they do there with the gutteral sound , and hope they make little changes in it moving forward . Whatever they do there , I personally don’t want any substitute for the snake / devil sound to become pre programmed sound engineered , instead of performer based playing there . Besides , what the brass performer soloist plays there is a very demanding piece of rather unique playing to achieve what he achieves there in tandem with the percussion playing.  Thus, he is demonstrating his uncanny brass instrument  playing talent versatility , imo   As such , for these reasons I personally like it as currently constructed and performer performed . 

I don’t think the instrumentation is necessarily the issue that poster is talking about. He only commented on that because someone else called it “novel.” 

The main point he’s making is about the pacing of the section itself, not the instrumentation 

4 hours ago, Danby510 said:

New instrumentation and they choose a euphonium? They should of used a keytar like Bluecoats! All jokes aside, it does seem like a pacing issue as of right now. (I’m sure it will continued to be developed over time) but also may need some serious revisions by the design team. 

They could have used a trombonium...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I have a question, and sorry if this has been asked and explained a 100 times, but why is the drum line in black and hornline in white. I quite like it, but I don't know the reasoning.

Queen, I don't know, but of course the corps colors have traditionally been red, black and white.   If I was involved in the design of the show and had as many passthroughs, crossthroughs, and contrary motion drill moves at a high velocity,  I might make use of the contrary colors. But that's just me 😀

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Queen, I don't know, but of course the corps colors have traditionally been red, black and white.   If I was involved in the design of the show and had as many passthroughs, crossthroughs, and contrary motion drill moves at a high velocity,  I might make use of the contrary colors. But that's just me 😀

Yeah, I thought of that, but it's such a small amount of people wearing black vs a much larger amount of people wearing white. Whatever it is and means I like it. I love the guard uniforms too. I'll be watching this show throughout the year. IMO the design is defo better than 2019.

7 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I get the feeling that the drumline is considered to be the serpent in the Garden of Eden...

• Like 8

The corps was outstanding last night at the BAC Bash! The first round of changes looked great and they sounded awesome!  Looking forward to these two shows this weekend!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, craiga said:

The corps was outstanding last night at the BAC Bash! The first round of changes looked great and they sounded awesome!  Looking forward to these two shows this weekend!

Glad to hear the weather is not causing tonight's show in Quincy to be cancelled...

9 hours ago, craiga said:

I’m anxious to see how BAC develops their production.