2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Somewhere there is a vid with Keith Potter explaining it but basically it is about the Garden of Eden, expulsion of Adam and Eve, the snake and temptation and fallen angels.  Not a great explanation but KP’s explanation is certainly clearer.

The video is contained in this article @kdaddy

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2022-production/

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I love this, in 2000 when Boston climbed the ranks and made on their way to top 5 we ran into BDs hornline several times while on our way to perform. Happened all 3 nights I believe. And BDs hornline always shouted and hollered for us as we walked to the gates. While that same year we fought with the cadets and cavies as they "bullied" the newbies on the block. I will always remember the way that BD welcomed others to the party and where not "threatened" the same rings true here today, as Boston reaches new heights in the modern era of Drum Corps. A representative of BD is here to welcome us again.   THANK YOU CHIEF! 

I can never forget how supportive BD was in 2009 when we were one our way to beat Phantom. BD was still kind of bothered about losing to them the previous year. They had a lot of class and cheered us on every time our horn lines ran into one another. 

I mentioned this in the San Antonio thread, but the importance of idea guy, drill guy, and color guard guy can't be overstated. Potter, May, and Townsend are off the charts. BAC's brass and percussion designers are great too, but I feel like those are a little more plug and play if you have three strong people in the other roles.

I hope they do these vids for the other movements

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Somewhere there is a vid with Keith Potter explaining it but basically it is about the Garden of Eden, expulsion of Adam and Eve, the snake and temptation and fallen angels.  Not a great explanation but KP’s explanation is certainly clearer.

I feel like even your brief explanation here might be helpful for people familiar with the show …. the bari soloist slinking around like a snake, the temptation tango……. Great show. 

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I mentioned this in the San Antonio thread, but the importance of idea guy, drill guy, and color guard guy can't be overstated. Potter, May, and Townsend are off the charts. BAC's brass and percussion designers are great too, but I feel like those are a little more plug and play if you have three strong people in the other roles.

I hope they do these vids for the other movements

I can assure you Ryan George and Colin McNutt are NOT plug and play writers/designers.  Tremendous collaboration with the entire design team is how the shows are put together. Starting when they exit the field after finals.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I feel like even your brief explanation here might be helpful for people familiar with the show …. the bari soloist slinking around like a snake, the temptation tango……. Great show. 

The company front has a few horns that 'fall out and down'. And a ton of anguished faces that happen.   I've read this as the 'fallen angels being cast from heaven' bit of Milton.  

There's also the apple moment in the show of course...which is one of the more blatant ones. 

Theres a fair bit of imagery from Milton they use in subtle ways that has begun being layered in.  I suspect they're layering In more all the way to Indy as Crown did with Inferno and Dante's imagery. 

I still highly suspect there's something big visually for the ending we've not seen just yet.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

The company front has a few horns that 'fall out and down'. And a ton of anguished faces that happen.   I've read this as the 'fallen angels being cast from heaven' bit of Milton.  

There's also the apple moment in the show of course...which is one of the more blatant ones. 

Theres a fair bit of imagery from Milton they use in subtle ways that has begun being layered in.  I suspect they're layering In more all the way to Indy as Crown did with Inferno and Dante's imagery. 

I still highly suspect there's something big visually for the ending we've not seen just yet.  

I don't really know what I am talking about, but my feeling is that this show has great opportunity for this compared to some other shows in top 5 down the stretch, which is why I have high hopes for them.

I enjoy the heck out of Crown's show, but I don't see the layering opportunities there that I see with BAC's show.  

Just my opinion, we'll see.  It's what makes the last few weeks fun!

I am hearing from corps members minutes ago that BAC is on LAST on Atlanta!!!!?????  Can anyone confirm?

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

I am hearing from corps members minutes ago that BAC is on LAST on Atlanta!!!!?????  Can anyone confirm?

That's true. Last three in order

BD 

Crown

BAC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3