1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

In 2000 After the Mid-season regional we started working on the BABY-THROWING Ending. (The Carmen Except addition) and I think its what put us over the top and got us into the top 5 that year.

I hope this staff have been holding their cards and something truly special to add some magic to towards the end of this show. 

Based on some of the judges scores they are clearly telling the staff that they need to add some Content/ REP to the show as they are maxing out the Performance sub-captions.

BAC 2000 was the epitome of a Cinderella story....from the spring training in Biddeford, Maine, to the first show not being until July 4th that year, it was crazy.  My (much younger) friend was a rookie and he would call me each night and tell me who they had just beaten,  and I couldn't  get over it.  To me, 2000, 2017 and 2022 all share the same vibe.... BAC leaping up through the feeding chain of DCI.

• Like 2

Ugh that 2000 show was so amazing.  The ending wasn't what sold it for me.  It was the opening with Bolero.  Everyone in the stands all three nights at finals was into that show from the opening note and procession across the field.  It oozed with 'taking the field for competition'.   {BTW. I miss that phrasing.  "the field is yours for competition!")

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Ugh that 2000 show was so amazing.  The ending wasn't what sold it for me.  It was the opening with Bolero.  Everyone in the stands all three nights at finals was into that show from the opening note and procession across the field.  It oozed with 'taking the field for competition'.   {BTW. I miss that phrasing.  "the field is yours for competition!")

I know ....BTW, when did they stop saying "are the judges ready?"  Lol!

18 minutes ago, craiga said:

I know ....BTW, when did they stop saying "are the judges ready?"  Lol!

Might need to bring back that one....we've already had one corps have to restart their show this season cause....they weren't

• Haha 3

On 7/24/2022 at 8:54 PM, Liahona said:

I'm a horn player and can't get enough of this BATTERY! 🙂

I say the same thing every time I speak to Jovanna.

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

I think Tony DiCarlo handles that responsibility now.  If we go back to that, then we need the gun fire with blanks for the starting & stopping of judging. 😁 

"On the starting line..."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think Tony DiCarlo handles that responsibility now.  If we go back to that, then we need the gun fire with blanks for the starting & stopping of judging. 😁 

HMMM gun shots in a public arena? Probably not a good idea in todays world🤫

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

HMMM gun shots in a public arena? Probably not a good idea in todays world🤫

Those things sounded like cap guns.  I used to play with them as a kid. I'm second thought, I guess playing with those these days would be a bad idea too...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Those things sounded like cap guns.  I used to play with them as a kid. I'm second thought, I guess playing with those these days would be a bad idea too...

I was at a 4th of july celebration and just fireworks  at an unexpected time sent a huge crowd running. was crazy

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1