10 minutes ago, craiga said:

Congrats AGAIN to BAC for not just last night in Atlanta, but the entire season.  I knew when I first saw them in late May in Castleton that this would be a special season, and what a ride it has been!  I got a bunch of texts last night from some members.  They are healthy and excited.  Also, my fellow alumni should know this:  nearly every member who texted me mentioned their love for the BAC alumni....in a time when most college age kids don't seem to have much in common with people 2 or 3 times their age, these kids shatter that notion. No matter what the result ends up being on finals night, I think I can speak for the alumni and tell this year's corps "WE LOVE YOU, TOO!"

I’m not sure if this has continued in the Covid era, but alums feed the kids steak and lobster, of course they love you! 🦞🥩

Seriously, Boston Crusaders has done an excellent job connecting alums with the present day corps and it wasn’t by accident. If all you do is hit the alums up for money, it’s probably a one and done deal. Connecting and making alums feel part of what is happening today makes all the difference. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’m not sure if this has continued in the Covid era, but alums feed the kids steak and lobster, of course they love you! 🦞🥩

Seriously, Boston Crusaders has done an excellent job connecting alums with the present day corps and it wasn’t by accident. If all you do is hit the alums up for money, it’s probably a one and done deal. Connecting and making alums feel part of what is happening today makes all the difference. 

It did not happen this year. More to do with scheduling than covid. Alumni & friends have done cookouts and a big Texas bbq in prior years. The steak/lobster feast was done by a generous board member.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Vanguard could stand to learn from this point. 💚💓

• Like 1

Honestly. If they do it this year (or whatever year they do finally do it), it should be dedicated to the kids of '72 who kept going depsite the fire, the kids of '82 who flew back on those planes wondering if this was the end, and the kids of '83 who took their small scrappy selves on the road to say, "We're still here" and marched everything they could until they had the name back.

I'm sure many of those Alumni are the ones giving, leading, and volunteering to make this experience all it can be for the kids who march today.  

Building a Champion, indeed.  This is how it should be done.  Becoming a Champion is upon on us. All that's left is Being a Champion.  And in many ways, they're there already.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cainan
This post was recognized by Cainan!

KVG_DC was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 1 points.

1. Win DCI
2. Encore the show
3. Form a block and blow the place down with Conquest as loud as they can
4. Let the alumni on the field and sing the corps song at the 50.  
5. Go home as legends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

1. Win DCI
2. Encore the show
3. Form a block and blow the place down with Conquest as loud as they can
4. Let the alumni on the field and sing the corps song at the 50.  
5. Go home as legends.

You have me in tears.

• Like 4

You know.  Mid 80s' my high school band played Conquest for our opener.  At a show up in Chesterton, IN we had some out of state bands come across from Michigan and Illinois so it was always a somewhat unique show experience.  It was also one of the few shows other than State finals where we were able to sit around nearby enough to hear other bands' shows.  

Anyway, we were on the field doing Conquest and we see two guys who were staff with one of the out of state bands whip their heads around at the opening trumpets and run to the endzone line and proceed to lose their minds for some reason for the whole opener.  As we came off, some of us who saw it were like "did you see those two guys? What the heck?"  

Later at the busses they found us and were just as off the wall nuts and proceeded to give us the entire history of their corps...the Boston Crusaders...and what the proper response to the shots should be.  We loved it.  It finally hit us what that number should be...a swashbuckling adventure.  

We never quite got the parents to buy in to the yells though.  Heh.  

I'll never forget those guys cause they were ... just rabid nuts.  It dawns on me now they might have been part of those kids that marched in 82/83.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

.175 away from 1st place. 1st in Guard/Percussion/Total Visual/Total Music/1 out of 4 judges had us 1st in GE. I like our position, our team, our members, and our blood line. Let's go Boston, let's go!

#BecomeAChampion

#BelieveinBAC2022

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SuperSaderFan said:

.175 away from 1st place. 1st in Guard/Percussion/Total Visual/Total Music/1 out of 4 judges had us 1st in GE. I like our position, our team, our members, and our blood line. Let's go Boston, let's go!

#BecomeAChampion

#BelieveinBAC2022

I've just got to say it....so much of the corps on and off the field success is in large part due to your absolute dedication over the past 45 years. Yes, you are about to say it was hundreds and hundreds of people over the decades, SSF, but you have been the constant since 1977.  True meaning of a GIANT!

• Like 5