21 hours ago, Quentin said:

What happened to the drumline tonight? I was expecting at least third. I was neither at Lucas Oil or watching it live, so I have to go off any videos I find. And you guys of course.

It could've been the pit having an abnormal run as they're included in the percussion score too 🤔

Edited by blakman7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I feel like BAC is like 2009 Crown. They're playing with the big "boys" (so to speak), but they aren't quite ready, and it shows. Give them a couple more years...

Really?  You do know that they've been in 2nd nearly the entire season and are currently tied for second going into finals?  I would say they are having no trouble "playing with the big boys" because they are one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I feel like BAC is like 2009 Crown. They're playing with the big "boys" (so to speak), but they aren't quite ready, and it shows. Give them a couple more years...

I think that Crown in 2012 would be a fairer comparison than 2009. Crown was up and down in 2009. In 2012, with the exception of their first show, Crown was 1st or 2nd all year, and no one but Blue Devils beat them, similar to BAC this year. Also if you look at earlier comments, Boston Crusaders has been readier than many give them credit for when it comes to playing with “the big boys.” I’d also wait till tomorrow morning before making overall comments. With BAC and Bloo being tied, both will be intense tonight. Waldo could roar and who knows what Bloo will do. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think that Crown in 2012 would be a fairer comparison than 2009. Crown was up and down in 2009. In 2012, with the exception of their first show, Crown was 1st or 2nd all year, and no one but Blue Devils beat them, similar to BAC this year. Also if you look at earlier comments, Boston Crusaders has been readier than many give them credit for when it comes to playing with “the big boys.” I’d also wait till tomorrow morning before making overall comments. With BAC and Bloo being tied, both will be intense tonight. Waldo could roar and who knows what Bloo will do. 

In what way? This is BAC’s first year in 2nd place, just like Crown 2009. BAC also hasn’t spent the entire season in 1st or 2nd, they’ve spent time at 3rd. Much like Crown 2009, BAC is hanging onto dominance in one caption (Brass for Crown, guard for BAC) but isn’t exactly in contention otherwise. Crown 2012 beat BD in 3-4 captions on finals night and was a much stronger challenger to BD. This is BAC’s first year in this position. Their time will come

Boston is terrific. They aren’t doing anything wrong, they are doing everything RIGHT. 

When you get to the top it is different: there is only one way to go. Many great shows won’t medal tonight. It is the literal nature of the activity.

Boston has done a phenomenal job this season. We should all recognize how hard it is to win a medal in DCI for any corps.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Really?  You do know that they've been in 2nd nearly the entire season and are currently tied for second going into finals?  I would say they are having no trouble "playing with the big boys" because they are one.

You can take it as a slight if you want, I guess. My bigger point was that, come finals week, Crown just didn't seem "ready" for a title in 2009. And it seems that way with Boston to me. They'll get there, but it seems like they outkicked the coverage this year, much like Crown 2009. Here's another similarity: Crown was far closer to third than they were first heading into finals night, much like this year.