Staff Merry Go Round 2021-22

16 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Please oh please, Jeff Bezos, start a corps and make your first hire Tammy Faye, so the Academy can get back to something similar to the corps that won so many hearts in 2015-2017. 

"Presenting their program "One Day Shipping," Drum Corps International is proud to present "Amazon Prime."

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wow. well you're back to full borgdom at least

Very obvious you do not know me, or my priorities

I'm at a point in my life where I do not need to engage with the negativity on DCP, and all the anonymous posters with their pathetic agendas. When I started this site; it was to end the blight of RAMD, unfortunately, over time a few posters have driven away 90% of the traffic and spread rumors and negativity. That's not what I'm about.  Cancer changes a person, so see ya.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Alfred Gernon has been right about a lot of stuff...

Been right about some things.  But wrong about even more things.  Reading stuff from this poster previously, there was absolutely no way the Cadets were going to be be able to field a corps after 2018.  Hah, WRONG!!

1 hour ago, Continental said:

"Presenting their program "One Day Shipping," Drum Corps International is proud to present "Amazon Prime."

And for an extra $99 a year….. 🤪

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I'm at a point in my life where I do not need to engage with the negativity on DCP, and all the anonymous posters with their pathetic agendas. When I started this site; it was to end the blight of RAMD, unfortunately, over time a few posters have driven away 90% of the traffic and spread rumors and negativity. That's not what I'm about.  Cancer changes a person, so see ya.

Surely I'm not alone in finding this sad. I've always personally enjoyed George's insights and have learned a lot from him on today's drum corps. 

Good health to you, George. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

George, we all have the opportunity to make this forum better.  Giving up doesn't bring that.  It just lets negativity prevail.  

In every facet of life we face challenges.  We face things we can't control.  We face interactions with people that make us feel negative.   We cannot stop this regular interaction.  Even with the best friends we have, we have moments that we question because they make us feel negative.   This.is.life. 

We can control that we can make people feel better.  Not just via interpersonal relationships, but even via online banter.  You see negative commentary you do not agree with, then post positive commentary.  You see negative commentary, then the first reaction might not be to walk away for a while.  Walking away is defeat.   Walking away is saying you lost when it's not the case. 

You mentioned Cancer.  I do not have the background on what you have posted, but I will tell you this.  My personal experience, from a mother of 6 children who died from Cancer a long time ago, I sincerely hope that you do not face what I, as a child, had to face. 

I wish you good health.  I wish you peace. 

• Like 6