Staff Merry Go Round 2021-22

On 8/18/2021 at 5:21 PM, George Dixon said:

expecting zero major changes at Cadets

I hope they can improve their guard writing / talent for next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking/hearing at what's happening behind the scenes right now, expect most of the changes to be at the admin level rather than staff levels. Regiment's already out with news of a hire at CEO, and a few current EDs or Corps Director positions are open (quietly or not). Room for new blood, for those interested in doing some research and finding out who's looking. 

On 8/24/2021 at 7:09 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Oh, I see. Another self-appointed important person ($1 to Jim Schehr).  So many of them in the “world of pageantry”. 🙄

i laugh at that. but he does get some really good interviews, and not just the star ####### kind with designers. he recently had stuff with folks that do cooking and uniform maintenance etc on tour...pretty cool stuff honestly. yeah he promotes his stuff to annoyance sometimes, but so does most every other podcaster out there

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Looking/hearing at what's happening behind the scenes right now, expect most of the changes to be at the admin level rather than staff levels. Regiment's already out with news of a hire at CEO, and a few current EDs or Corps Director positions are open (quietly or not). Room for new blood, for those interested in doing some research and finding out who's looking. 

i guess varsity must be hiring

On 8/24/2021 at 3:31 PM, DCI-86 said:

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?  As it stands, their guard (as a nod to their history) made the most improvements from beginning to end (2 weeks!!!!).  I'm sure Denise understands the challenges of the year.  Anybody who put a drum corps colorguard together this year does.

Would it be great to have guard kids be able to handle everything that goes into a 2 month season in 2 weeks?  Sure!  

What they did this year was, thankfully, quintessential Cadets colorguard.  

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i laugh at that. but he does get some really good interviews, and not just the star ####### kind with designers. he recently had stuff with folks that do cooking and uniform maintenance etc on tour...pretty cool stuff honestly. yeah he promotes his stuff to annoyance sometimes, but so does most every other podcaster out there

That’s good that he interviews volunteers.  The real heroes of this activity. A thankless job.  I’ll gladly listen to those interviews.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2021 at 3:31 PM, DCI-86 said:

I watched Cadets 2021 and I loved their guard.

Please help me appreciate why you think their guard writing needs improvement. 

I'm asking from an honest opinion because I don't know.  At no point during their show did I ever have that opinion. 

16 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s good that he interviews volunteers.  The real heroes of this activity. A thankless job.  I’ll gladly listen to those interviews.  

even some of the names give up good stuff. his interviews with Bloo's design team is often outstanding

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 4:10 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Please oh please, Jeff Bezos, start a corps and make your first hire Tammy Faye, so the Academy can get back to something similar to the corps that won so many hearts in 2015-2017. 

I can only image what the hats would look like.......

On 8/24/2021 at 7:09 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Oh, I see. Another self-appointed important person ($1 to Jim Schehr).  So many of them in the “world of pageantry”. 🙄

Wait....there is a subset of "pageantry people" who can be self absorbed and expect people to hang on their every word and decision? I'm now preparing my shocked face.  

• Haha 3