Staff Merry Go Round 2021-22

On 8/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, crownisking said:

Could be. Dude is definitely ripped. Good for him too. I’m probably half his age and I’ve got a beer belly. 😂

Well then you have met your first criteria mark for marching (sort of..) Couchmen (or DCA in the early 2000's)!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Some older news but I didn't see it mentioned. Lindsey Vento resigned from the Academy to spend more time with her family.

I wish her the best, however I can't help but...

8ad8310764fb3086dcf84f6fe572a28b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Some older news but I didn't see it mentioned. Lindsey Vento resigned from the Academy to spend more time with her family.

I love that The Academy came out and put together a show in a short timeframe but can’t get over the feeling she was trying to turn them into Bluecoats Lite. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I love that The Academy came out and put together a show in a short timeframe but can’t get over the feeling she was trying to turn them into Bluecoats Lite. 

Would love for them to go in a whimsical direction again. I think Michael Townsend was the program coordinator back then, but he's probably too involved (or paid too much) to do anything other than BAC. But I'd love for him and Michael Klesch to have some kind of program advisory roles in helping to set the design staff direction.

I actually liked Vento's first show there - the academic show - when Klesch was still arranging. It was a nice balance of whimsy and sophistication. 

• Like 2

they hit their peak in 16...but the rabbit show couldn't decide if it wanted to be cute, serious, funny or some combo of the three...and none worked. Since then they've tried to be super deep and borderline agenda driven in their design.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

19 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I wish her the best, however I can't help but...

8ad8310764fb3086dcf84f6fe572a28b.jpg

17 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Did she resign to work on the new movie "The Eyes of Tammy Faye"?  If yes, "Count Me In"!  (Sorry) :whistle:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they hit their peak in 16...but the rabbit show couldn't decide if it wanted to be cute, serious, funny or some combo of the three...and none worked. Since then they've tried to be super deep and borderline agenda driven in their design.

I loved loved LOVED the Drum Corpse Bride show.    The rabbit show was kind of cute but I wasn’t nuts about it.  

• Like 4

Looks like the crossmen is looking for their new sets of Admins, including full time office admins. 

Edited by lifeisaround

Hoping for all of the best for Crossmen going forward. I definitely got a vibe this summer that they are still battling to get on the right side of the financial chasm caused by the pandemic. These off-season changes are big. They have some great alumni fighting for them! Keep it up bones!