Staff Merry Go Round 2021-22

On 9/17/2021 at 8:52 AM, Metalbinky said:

Pacific Crest Changes

Leaving Pacific Crest - Steven Estudillo, Creative Director and Visual Designer

Leaving Pacific Crest - Rudy Ruiz, Visual Caption Head

On 10/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, Lance said:

really curious about where these 2 are going.  

welp, looks like Estudillo is now with Phantom.  that's really good for Phantom, imo.  

8 minutes ago, Lance said:

welp, looks like Estudillo is now with Phantom.  that's really good for Phantom, imo.  

Agreed. He’s amassed some great credentials.

10 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Agreed. He’s amassed some great credentials.

Although, with Jeremy Hunt out, it confirms to me, at least, that 2020 was a one off. 

20 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Although, with Jeremy Hunt out, it confirms to me, at least, that 2020 was a one off. 

I know what you meant, but you set up the opportunity to show this again so well...

PR2020_1.jpg

PR2020_2.jpg

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Not necessarily. When has anyone “loved” a visual program Regiment has marched in years? No disrespect to Jeremy but he moved on and Steven is a very capable, tried and true replacement. I see this as as a move forward rather than a one off.

5 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Not necessarily. When has anyone “loved” a visual program Regiment has marched in years? No disrespect to Jeremy but he moved on and Steven is a very capable, tried and true replacement. I see this as as a move forward rather than a one off.

What I meant was , Jeremy updated a wistfully backward looking show, and he did it very well. Steven, on the other hand, is cutting edge. We will not see a Phantom retrospective from him. Maybe a kick out. Personally, I think that works for PR competitively. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

What I meant was , Jeremy updated a wistfully backward looking show, and he did it very well. Steven, on the other hand, is cutting edge. We will not see a Phantom retrospective from him. Maybe a kick out. Personally, I think that works for PR competitively. 

It seems as though Estudillo is competent, so I'm happy. That said, if you give me a choice between the two, I'm taking Hunt. Also, I wanted some continuity in a position that has been a revolving door since Jamey Thompson left. 

I hope that the announcement that the entire Regiment design staff was coming back was legit and that indeed Hunt recently decided that he wanted to move on. 

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

It seems as though Estudillo is competent, so I'm happy. That said, if you give me a choice between the two, I'm taking Hunt. Also, I wanted some continuity in a position that has been a revolving door since Jamey Thompson left. 

I hope that the announcement that the entire Regiment design staff was coming back was legit and that indeed Hunt recently decided that he wanted to move on. 

I understand what you’re saying but it seems Regiment has had lackluster visuals even under Jeremy’s watch. I say let’s see how Steven’s work fits in with the whole package of returning designers. Could be good stuff coming. Then maybe the revolving door will stop spinning? Go back in the time machine….between Jim Wren and JD Shaw. Took a few candidates before JD worked his magic. No?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1