Staff Merry Go Round 2021-22

12 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I understand what you’re saying but it seems Regiment has had lackluster visuals even under Jeremy’s watch. I say let’s see how Steven’s work fits in with the whole package of returning designers. Could be good stuff coming. Then maybe the revolving door will stop spinning? Go back in the time machine….between Jim Wren and JD Shaw. Took a few candidates before JD worked his magic. No?

I love PR. I mean I have them listed as my favorite corps even though I never was able to march with them (I did get cut once, but that's a whole other story LOL.) The thing that I don't get about the visual program for the last many years, is what appears to be a rather "strained" attempt to pump up the GE with props. They just have never been able to implement them well to my eyes. Cavies (IMHO) also struggled a bit with it until maybe 2017 (I feel like 2019 was the first time I didn't feel like the props were just afterthoughts.) 

I know that we have had the discussion before and the way that it is SUPPOSED to work is that it's all about what you do WELL that determines the GE essentially. But I can't imagine it's easy to judge big honkin' mega-prop laden shows that are done well against good, solid drill with no props shows that are also done well. Maybe I'm just too dumb to get it.

Anyways, Steven (I feel funny using his first name like I know the cat personally,) appears to have a solid pedigree. Hopefully he can introduce some new greatness to an already great program. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Go back in the time machine….between Jim Wren and JD Shaw. Took a few candidates before JD worked his magic. No?

If you mean JD Shaw the first time, the only brass arranger in between Wren and Shaw was Michael Klesch, and I thought his brass arrangements were excellent. 

I guess my main point was that I think Jeremy Hunt is good, and I hate to see him go. 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:02 PM, kdaddy said:

If you mean JD Shaw the first time, the only brass arranger in between Wren and Shaw was Michael Klesch, and I thought his brass arrangements were excellent. 

I guess my main point was that I think Jeremy Hunt is good, and I hate to see him go. 

And then there was Don Hill and Will Pitts. Both tried to replicate “the sound” but couldn’t quite capture the lightning in a bottle that Wren and Shaw did. Let’s give Steven the opportunity to prove himself. Certainly no slight against Jeremy.

Edited by Sutasaurus