March or Die thoughts 2021....

9 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I think you need to re-read it.

Maybe you should enlighten us with accounts of members who had a miserable season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Again, you forget that the judges are the final arbiter.  Your non sequiturs aside about drum corps being dead, I have yet to see a sheet that covers prop usage and amount of playing/marching vs moving props around, running to standing positions on them...and I could go on and on.  The sheets don't cover these and the "judges" are there to interpret these as they see fit.  Indeed fact for the obvious.  You can make all the sheets/rules you want, at the end of the day people interpret those to what they think it is.

If its on the field it's considered. More props doesn;t mean good, it can create a hot mess and if done well can be the opposite. No difference than flag color choices to create a mood. 

Now if your argument ( and it seems it ) judging by a select panel verses a crowd which can be affected by region, bias, specific supporters etc etc then thats something different. It seems judging in general is what you don't care for. Now that can be an argument or debate by many I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Marchers were thrilled to march 2021 Cadets, 2021 Phantom Regiment, 2021 Madison Scouts fabulous fan Friendly shows in the traditional attire and headgear. I thought you were posting above that you thought otherwise, or some fans somewhere didnt think their marchers thoroughly enjoyed performing these shows, and in this attire every bit as much as the young and old in the audience did.. If I misunderstood your reply, and you agree these 3 tradition based shows in traditional attire/ headgear/ corps traditional colors, et al were huge hits this summer for both their marchers and audiences alike, then my bad.

Um, how could you think that from what I posted?  Kids had a blast.

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Maybe you should enlighten us with accounts of members who had a miserable season.

Another person that needs to re-read it.  We call what you are attempting a "straw man".

31 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

If its on the field it's considered. More props doesn;t mean good, it can create a hot mess and if done well can be the opposite. No difference than flag color choices to create a mood. 

Now if your argument ( and it seems it ) judging by a select panel verses a crowd which can be affected by region, bias, specific supporters etc etc then thats something different. It seems judging in general is what you don't care for. Now that can be an argument or debate by many I'm sure.

You act as though judges are not biased...I beg to differ.  I don't deny people root for their home team.  I don't even try and debate area bias.  Where is the accountability?  Who judges the judges?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, for whatever reason, designers chose not to use woodwinds this year, even though there was discussion about it. And again, this would have been the ideal year to experiment with them.

Honestly every corps has had access to woodwinds since 2009… When synths were first allowed 😊

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

You act as though judges are not biased...I beg to differ.  I don't deny people root for their home team.  I don't even try and debate area bias.  Where is the accountability?  Who judges the judges?

You clearly have a problem with judging in general.............and thats fine

Edited by GUARDLING