March or Die thoughts 2021....

On 8/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, Jurassic Lancer said:

It was Clash of the Cupcakes … I mean Corps.

LOL. I tried to find that show when I was trying to explain drum corps to Britt the first time. I finally found it on Prime Video but you had to pay $4.99 an episode or some such thing. I would rather eat lint than pay even $1.00 to watch that again. 

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2021 at 9:50 AM, Mello Dude said:

Here's the thing.  You join a thread without watching the material in the OP.  THEN, you get insulted by me calling you out for not even taking the time to listen to this guy.  You feeling insulted and accuse me of thinking you are "horrible".  You feeling insulted speaks volumes as well.  To be brief and frank, this is kind of all on you.

To those who agreed with this. I NEVER accused Mello of thinking I am horrible. I was ASKING why did he think my not watching the video was horrible. All I said was I didn’t watch the video and he comes back with “speaks volumes” which I took as an insult. Have no idea why he or anyone else believes I was talking about what he thought about me.

And to clarify I never posted anything about the video. I was responding to a post someone made. TRYING TO BE HONEST I said I didn’t watch the video. Apparently being honest started this mess. 

If my words come out this garbled to you all, time for another break. As you can tell I have a real problem with being accused of things I did not do.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 8/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Audience engagement does not mean throwing burning babies onto the field. an audience can be engaged in many ways that have nothing to do with hootin and hollerin and banging cowbells and basting airhorns

I never know whether to baste my airhorns or just leave them in the oven.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

To those who agreed with this. I NEVER accused Mello of thinking I am horrible. I was ASKING why did he think my not watching the video was horrible. All I said was I didn’t watch the video and he comes back with “speaks volumes” which I took as an insult. Have no idea why he or anyone else believes I was talking about what he thought about me.

And to clarify I never posted anything about the video. I was responding to a post someone made. TRYING TO BE HONEST I said I didn’t watch the video. Apparently being honest started this mess. 

If my words come out this garbled to you all, time for another break. As you can tell I have a real problem with being accused of things I did not do.

I’ve reread the posts I’ve made and responses to try to see how my words were misunderstood. What I see is a previous explanation of what I meant and did NOT mean. As that didn’t make a difference I can only think that people believe I am lying. 

I am sending a request to the mods to close my account so no one else can use it. 

59 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jim, please don't take a break.  It's social media.  There are all types. 

You are one of the people on here is most polite and inoffensive. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

“We’re unable to feed our kids but hey, we’re lugging a giant sundial around all summer to reinforce the pretension of our show.” A since folded corps in the mid 2000s. 

this is true of so many corps in the past BUT has nothing to do with props or no props, good design or bad, etc etc but everything to do with bad management. Even bad management with all good intentions is still bad management. Many corps over the decades fell to this. Even many with good people but bad management.

If a corps can't make the members a priority or they can't take care of them, they don't have anything . 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, Jeff Ream said:

as one of the creators for the proposal to ban amplification, i agree they won't listen. so our options are to accept it, or find something else to do with our time.

Thank you for fighting the good fight against amplification.  

College Football starts today.  I'll save my rants for USC football.

(they don't listen to me either)