March or Die thoughts 2021....

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Well for me, safety should not be measured by less or more...thats my point anyway

This speaks volumes.....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

There is no comparison with respect to falls from an elevated surface 6ft + and someone who is on the ground at 0ft. How can you debate that? 

Precisely...yet here we are.

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

It's social media.

Many are looking for a confrontation. 

Many people turn their heads to misinformation, I chose to confront it.

10 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well for me, safety should not be measured by less or more...thats my point anyway

I might be confused but there are particular standards for saftey, osha or a building code measures safety by less or more all the time. As an example risers (steps) If a stair has a minimum of four risers, a handrail is required. If you have less than four risers no handrail is required. 

Just now, Swamptihs said:

I might be confused but there are particular standards for saftey, osha or a building code measures safety by less or more all the time. As an example risers (steps) If a stair has a minimum of four risers, a handrail is required. If you have less than four risers no handrail is required. 

Yes you are right. There's many rules to all of this and if a corps doesnt follow them they should be accountable..even go beyond the rule

17 minutes ago, Continental said:

It's social media.

Many are looking for a confrontation. 

You do not know what the motives of anyone besides yourself might be. The name calling you did after this post was removed, you should be better than that. Its a discussion not anything further. 

4 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Anyone wanna bet this person was a RAMD regular?

They resorted to name calling but your points were well made in my opinion. 

The other subject on who can afford the best props is an obvious sore subject here. The corps that can afford props appear to be scoring or placing better. Leads me to believe that they are getting extra credit for those props. 

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

They placed 2nd by half a point, beating 39 other corps... ten years ago, the last time a prop-free show won DCI.  What do you think that proves?

And why are you making a list of prop-laden shows that lost to other prop-laden shows?  What does that prove?  Because if your only point is this... 

... that is innately obvious.  Having drums does not guarantee success either.  There are many corps fielding props now, competing against each other for that success.

But to contend that there is no advantage to be gained from props, and no disadvantage for not having props in DCI?  That is silly.  Is that really a point of contention here?

You also realize there’s no mandate to use them. As always monkey see monkey do. You act as if this design trend is judge driven and it’s not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Boom, out of the park...

There is just saying (and typing) things to hear yourself (and vain attempts at making oneself an expert) then there is reality.  Thank you.

So you’re an expert??

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Actually, it's your point that's at issue.  You are trying, in vain, to equate falling from an elevation to "whiplash" drill.  Maybe I am missing something here but anytime something is brought up with serious ramifications, you try and bring up stuff from 40 years ago about what people said then as if that equates to the subject.  I mean what you were saying..and one person liked it amazingly enough, that it's the same thing when it's not.

Actually he’s not. He’s pointing out multiple types of injuries multiple design trends can create. Ask the kid from Crown in 2010

• Thanks 1