March or Die thoughts 2021....

25 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

There is no comparison with respect to falls from an elevated surface 6ft + and someone who is on the ground at 0ft. How can you debate that? 

The kid from Crown in 2010 and his leg would like to differ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

So you’re an expert??

No, just dealing in reality which seems to be a superpower anymore.

Just now, Mello Dude said:

No, just dealing in reality which seems to be a superpower anymore.

Trust me I deal with way too much denial of reality for a living. I miss good old common sense in all aspects of life. Granted there’s always been a shortage in drum corps discussion forums 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Actually he’s not. He’s pointing out multiple types of injuries multiple design trends can create. Ask the kid from Crown in 2010

But that's not what they were saying.  They were equating them to the same as "all risk" and "all safety". 

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

I was just about to post a comment about that. He shattered his femur doing a company front.

Doing run and gun drill all year. I think it was 01 SCV where bass 2 could only March shows by the end of the year

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

The kid from Crown in 2010 and his leg would like to differ 

You are actually going to say that a grounded activity is just as dangerous as falling from an elevated platform? If so then you need to get out there and let OSHA know they need to provide walkers for all humans for running to walking. 

My example of stairs with 4 or more risers makes the point. 

Just now, Mello Dude said:

But that's not what they were saying.  They were equating them to the same as "all risk" and "all safety". 

All have risk. And any risk leading to severe injury is too much be it props or running your ### off at 210 BPM for 9 minutes 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Swamptihs said:

You are actually going to say that a grounded activity is just as dangerous as falling from an elevated platform? If so then you need to get out there and let OSHA know they need to provide walkers for all humans for running to walking. 

My example of stairs with 4 or more risers makes the point. 

Did you see the injury? I almost got sick in the stands. 

i am well aware of the osha requirements for props and had to enforce them locally on many occasions 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Doing run and gun drill all year. I think it was 01 SCV where bass 2 could only March shows by the end of the year

I run almost everyday. Sometimes in the excess of 100 miles a week. No injuries for 31 years. If I run up a flight of stairs over 6ft tall and jump off, I will not be running the next day. 

Edited by Swamptihs