March or Die thoughts 2021....

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I ate a lot of bugs so yeah.  They flew into my mouth during shows.  Just swallowed it down. 🤷‍♀️

Palmetto Bugs at Florida shows were challenging. They would land on the drum heads and if you weren't in block, you would always just take a swing by instinct. After a while it sounded like shoes in a dryer.  

• Like 1

Speaking of bugs.. I recall one retreat at Allentown (91 I think)... Freelancers were always known to be pretty no nonsense in retreat. You held rigid still and did NOT move.. AT ALL! So fast forward to about halfway through retreat and one of our baritones' plume is violently shaking all about. Was my good friend Steve. Turns out that a moth had landed on his neck and CRAWLED INTO HIS EAR. Now I don't mean lik eon the outside.. rather IN his ear.. as in when they took steve to the ambulance, the paramedics had to get forceps to retrieve the trespassing moth from up against his ear drum! 

And yes, we did call him Mothra from that moment onwards!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Cainan said:

Speaking of bugs.. I recall one retreat at Allentown (91 I think)... Freelancers were always known to be pretty no nonsense in retreat. You held rigid still and did NOT move.. AT ALL! So fast forward to about halfway through retreat and one of our baritones' plume is violently shaking all about. Was my good friend Steve. Turns out that a moth had landed on his neck and CRAWLED INTO HIS EAR. Now I don't mean lik eon the outside.. rather IN his ear.. as in when they took steve to the ambulance, the paramedics had to get forceps to retrieve the trespassing moth from up against his ear drum! 

And yes, we did call him Mothra from that moment onwards!

Holy 💩! No!  Just no!  (I’m going to have a nightmare) 😂 

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 10:03 PM, Lance said:

One of the most negative threads I've ever seen.  Sad. 

Just look at the original video that this thread was made for and you’ll see why. Such a pathetic video 

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Just look at the original video that this thread was made for and you’ll see why. Such a pathetic video 

And you’re making this thread any better with this?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

The original video was fine.  If you watched it (and in some cases here some didn't) and found it extremely negative I don't know what to say other than we live in separate realities and words have no meaning for you.  If that sounds harsh, I really don't care LOL.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Drop the troll and contribute valid input please. Does it pain you so much that most of us actually have memories of marching?

Edited by Sutasaurus

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

The original video was fine.  If you watched it (and in some cases here some didn't) and found it extremely negative I don't know what to say other than we live in separate realities and words have no meaning for you.  If that sounds harsh, I really don't care LOL.

My opinion is my opinion. The video was laughable. Thank you for your input. 

32 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

My opinion is my opinion. The video was laughable. Thank you for your input. 

And that’s your comeback? All hat and no cattle.

• Thanks 1