March or Die thoughts 2021....

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wrong. a positive response means a variety of things. it doesnt just mean you like something.

Your response to an event or to something that is said is your reply or reaction to it...Collins dictionary. doesn't say anything specific about liking what you hear

How does the Collins dictionary define "grasping at straws"?

There are three options:

• dislike
  • apathy

Neither dislike nor apathy is going to elicit a positive response.  That only leaves one possibility.

Edited by cixelsyd

13 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

How does the Collins dictionary define "grasping at straws"?

There are three options:

• dislike
  • apathy

Neither dislike nor apathy is going to elicit a positive response.  That only leaves one possibility.

i have literally hated shows that scored well. why? they met the criteria on the sheets.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have literally hated shows that scored well. why? they met the criteria on the sheets.

That sounds like there are four options, two of which could "elicit a positive response":

dislike

apathy

slotting

Otherwise, you will have to explain how something can elicit a positive response from you when you do not like it at all.

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Don't forget that '93 Star almost won DCI and at least 2/3 of the audience either didn't understand the show or flat out hated it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

That sounds like there are four options, two of which could "elicit a positive response":

dislike

apathy

slotting

Otherwise, you will have to explain how something can elicit a positive response from you when you do not like it at all.

5 options: you forgot does the show meet the criteria on the sheet? like's got nothing to do with it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Don't forget that '93 Star almost won DCI and at least 2/3 of the audience either didn't understand the show or flat out hated it.

i didn't like it at the time.....took me a good 5 years til i grew to fully appreciate it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

5 options: you forgot does the show meet the criteria on the sheet? like's got nothing to do with it

"Elicit a positive response from the listener" IS one of the criteria on the sheet.

(Starting to see that there is a greater disconnect between audience and judges than I even thought possible.)

43 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

"Elicit a positive response from the listener" IS one of the criteria on the sheet.

(Starting to see that there is a greater disconnect between audience and judges than I even thought possible.)

NM🙂

Edited by GUARDLING

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

AND some  worry about electronics, props or a sock color..lol..kidding aside, over the next decade or 2 we will see more and more things available to corps I believe. Who would have thought we would see what we already do only a few years ago. It's coming for sure, the good or bad of that. Depending who one chooses to talk to..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1