BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

Your first sentence is some grade A backtracking. Expect some pushback if you’re going to make a claim that the BD organization lacks humility. I’m sure you would defend Regiment if someone came on their thread and took a ****.

Backtracking?  Grade A?  Would it be less it he did Grade B backtracking?

How do you come to that conclusion?

7 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Your first sentence is some grade A backtracking. Expect some pushback if you’re going to make a claim that the BD organization lacks humility. I’m sure you would defend Regiment if someone came on their thread and took a ****.

Backtracking? Really? I think you jump to conclusions. You assumed I was addressing the BD organization. Bad call. I didn’t take a **** on your thread I just made an observation. If you think I’m attacking the BD organization that one is on you. I’m not here to make your life miserable. Honest! And yes I would defend Regiment if comments warranted defense. People are way too touchy to discuss things here.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Backtracking? Really? I think you jump to conclusions. You assumed I was addressing the BD organization. Bad call. I didn’t take a **** on your thread I just made an observation. If you think I’m attacking the BD organization that one is on you. I’m not here to make your life miserable. Honest! And yes I would defend Regiment if comments warranted defense. People are way too touchy to discuss things here.

Ok, let’s circle back to your original post and have that conversation. How do you think the BD organization (or the fan boys as you subsequently claimed) can achieve this humility you want? How do they humble themselves in a way that suits you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Remember since 2017, they still do part of the show in hats/shakos. I take you referring to them going back, to do the entire show in them ?

I was being semi-sarcastic, sorry.

I see you're a huge Blue Devis fan.  I am too.......sort of kinda.  I don't know if you're old enough but did you see them live in 1976?  If not, watch their show on Youtube.  That was the apex of the activity during that era.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Ok, let’s circle back to your original post and have that conversation. How do you think the BD organization (or the fan boys as you subsequently claimed) can achieve this humility you want? How do they humble themselves in a way that suits you? 

Not buying your projection on subsequent claims…. It was you that assumed I was “attacking” the BD organization. But to circle back… BD is very good at what they do but they have been beaten at their own game. Some posters seem to forget that. That’s all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Not buying your projection on subsequent claims…. It was you that assumed I was “attacking” the BD organization. But to circle back… BD is very good at what they do but they have been beaten at their own game. Some posters seem to forget that. That’s all.

Are we just stating obvious things now? They haven't won every DCI championship in their existence, so they obviously have been "beaten at their own game." 

Are you about to tell us that Crown brass is very good at what they do but have been beaten at their own game as well? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Well, the thread says Blue Devils, not Blue Devils and dcp fan boys. How else was I supposed to take your claim other than being directed at Blue Devils?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Are we just stating obvious things now? They haven't won every DCI championship in their existence, so they obviously have been "beaten at their own game." 

Are you about to tell us that Crown brass is very good at what they do but have been beaten at their own game as well? 

Yes “we” are aren’t we? What’s your point? Every DCI winner has been beaten at one time or another. Go figure. What has Crown have to do in this conversation? Your attempt to prove your point is at best, weak.

Edited by Sutasaurus

14 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Well, the thread says Blue Devils, not Blue Devils and dcp fan boys. How else was I supposed to take your claim other than being directed at Blue Devils?

I apologize if I wasn’t clearer in my initial post. My bad. We’re here to discuss all things drum corps, that also includes different opinions and experiences. I’m not here to attack anyone just offer my perspective on the activity. No personal slight intended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I apologize if I wasn’t clearer in my initial post. My bad. We’re here to discuss all things drum corps, that also includes different opinions and experiences. I’m not here to attack anyone just offer my perspective on the activity. No personal slight intended.

No personal slight taken. It’s hard to be sore at a phellow phan. 

• Like 2