BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

48 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Every corps has those "fanboys/girls". Yes some worse than others. I have also witnessed some isolated events by members of a particular corps in a parking lot when i attended a show in SoCal back in 2007. But i don't/didn't hold the entire organization accountable for all of eternity (not accusing you of that). To this day when that corps takes the field, i cheer just as loud for them as i do any other corps performing that night. Every corps, sports team, fanbase etc, has jerks. It just seems like when one is successful and has found a winning formula to win consistently, and we can't find any dirt or skeletons in the closet, we start latching on to any little thing to bring them down and minimize their success (speaking in general, not directly at you). 

That's why as a BD fan, I try my best to always be respectful, friendly, and polite, ESPECIALLY on this forum. Us BD fans have to hold ourselves and each other to high standard, cause I know there are some posters (NOT ALL) wanting and waiting to pounce on negative about BD. And if they can't or don't have the guts to attack the corps directly, they will come after the fanbase and latch on to any little thing we say. 

Well said CG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://stanbury.com/blogs/news/scott-chandler-joins-stanbury-uniforms-design-team?fbclid=IwAR3PSzjW145vXG14hyBpGLGR_6sqBL5cBOcAD9HRKH3XGqiUy-Iq5HfhrAs

Scott Chandler is joining the design team at Stanbury Uniforms. The way the article is written leads me to believe he will maintain his post at BD. But one has to wonder, will BD be switching to Stanbury as well?

Edited by crownisking

46 minutes ago, crownisking said:

https://stanbury.com/blogs/news/scott-chandler-joins-stanbury-uniforms-design-team?fbclid=IwAR3PSzjW145vXG14hyBpGLGR_6sqBL5cBOcAD9HRKH3XGqiUy-Iq5HfhrAs

Scott Chandler is joining the design team at Stanbury Uniforms. The way the article is written leads me to believe he will still maintain his post at BD. But one has to wonder, will BD be switching to Stanbury as well?

I think BD switching to Stanbury is a given now that Scott Chandler is there. Who do they use now?

EDIT: Never mind. I see they used FJM, where Scott was a designer until now.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

37 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think BD switching to Stanbury is a given now that Scott Chandler is there. Who do they use now?

EDIT: Never mind. I see they used FJM, where Scott was a designer until now.

I always thought of FJM as the industry leaders but now I’m starting to rethink that a bit. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, Chief Guns said:

Every corps has those "fanboys/girls". Yes some worse than others. I have also witnessed some isolated events by members of a particular corps in a parking lot when i attended a show in SoCal back in 2007. But i don't/didn't hold the entire organization accountable for all of eternity (not accusing you of that). To this day when that corps takes the field, i cheer just as loud for them as i do any other corps performing that night. Every corps, sports team, fanbase etc, has jerks. It just seems like when one is successful and has found a winning formula to win consistently, and we can't find any dirt or skeletons in the closet, we start latching on to any little thing to bring them down and minimize their success (speaking in general, not directly at you). 

That's why as a BD fan, I try my best to always be respectful, friendly, and polite, ESPECIALLY on this forum. Us BD fans have to hold ourselves and each other to high standard, cause I know there are some posters (NOT ALL) wanting and waiting to pounce on anything negative about BD. And if they can't or don't have the guts to attack the corps directly, they will come after the fanbase and latch on to any little thing we say. 

I feel like most fans and performers of all corps, not just BD, are all of those positive things.  DCP'ers get locked into thinking the vitriol from a handful of regs carries over to the activity as a whole.  It doesn't.  Most people are better than that.  I don't even think that's a DCP thing...it's a social media thing.  

Take a snapshot of any event with thousands of people in the stands, and most of them are just there to enjoy the show from every corps.  Just remember that.  

Looking forward to BD and every other corps next summer.  Can't come soon enough for me. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Lance said:

I feel like most fans and performers of all corps, not just BD, are all of those positive things.  DCP'ers get locked into thinking the vitriol from a handful of regs carries over to the activity as a whole.  It doesn't.  Most people are better than that.  I don't even think that's a DCP thing...it's a social media thing.  

Take a snapshot of any event with thousands of people in the stands, and most of them are just there to enjoy the show from every corps.  Just remember that.  

Looking forward to BD and every other corps next summer.  Can't come soon enough for me. 

Amen brother. Amen.

• Like 1

I judge a corps' arrogance or humility entirely on how the staff members behave while the corps is performing 🙂. Such as whether any of them stand right in front of my seat and either scream a lot or talk to each other about what's working and not working.

No problems with BD from me. 

Edited by mjoakes
spacing that smiling face
  • Like 4