BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

33 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I judge a corps' arrogance or humility entirely on how the staff members behave while the corps is performing 🙂. Such as whether any of them stand right in front of my seat and either scream a lot or talk to each other about what's working and not working.

No problems with BD from me. 

Good point. I sit in the last row of section 141 at LOS, right by the staff pen. One year, after their corps performed at finals, a staff member started whooping, “Yes! Devil killers! Devil killers!” I thought it was distasteful. BTW, they didn’t beat BD.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

On 9/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, crownisking said:

https://stanbury.com/blogs/news/scott-chandler-joins-stanbury-uniforms-design-team?fbclid=IwAR3PSzjW145vXG14hyBpGLGR_6sqBL5cBOcAD9HRKH3XGqiUy-Iq5HfhrAs

Scott Chandler is joining the design team at Stanbury Uniforms. The way the article is written leads me to believe he will maintain his post at BD. But one has to wonder, will BD be switching to Stanbury as well?

Varsity for the win

On 9/9/2021 at 2:39 PM, lowend said:

Lots of mention of Varsity in the press release.  I'm curious what direction their cooperation will take.

total assimilation

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Resistance is futile.  We are the Borg, you will wear our uniforms and shakos. 

You SO beat me to this LOL. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Good point. I sit in the last row of section 141 at LOS, right by the staff pen. One year, after their corps performed at finals, a staff member started whooping, “Yes! Devil killers! Devil killers!” I thought it was distasteful. BTW, they didn’t beat BD.

I believe it. But let the shoe be on the other foot, and a BD staff member say something along those lines in ear shot of anyone outside the organization. DCP would have been at DEFCON 1. 

• Like 4

On 9/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, mjoakes said:

I judge a corps' arrogance or humility entirely on how the staff members behave while the corps is performing 🙂. Such as whether any of them stand right in front of my seat and either scream a lot or talk to each other about what's working and not working.

No problems with BD from me. 

You would not have liked Gail Royer. 

2 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

You would not have liked Gail Royer. 

I’m not sure. George Zingali was a crazed nut in the stands. The difference was George would engage the audience. “Did you see that!” Was a common refrain. But a lot of staff today will just whoop and holler over Brittany not dropping a six. I see a big difference.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m not sure. George Zingali was a crazed nut in the stands. The difference was George would engage the audience. “Did you see that!” Was a common refrain. But a lot of staff today will just whoop and holler over Brittany not dropping a six. I see a big difference.  

Or as he said to me a few times at a show at Cooper Stadium in Columbus (him sitting in the aisle next to my top row seat) "Watch this, watch this!"...followed by "Did you see that!"

I thought this is probably what it was like to sit next to Mozart 🙂 

• Like 5

On 9/27/2021 at 3:32 PM, Chief Guns said:

I believe it. But let the shoe be on the other foot, and a BD staff member say something along those lines in ear shot of anyone outside the organization. DCP would have been at DEFCON 1. 

Props to you for getting the defcon level correct....unlike a certain 1985 film that presumed a higher number was a greater threat.  It seems no one had the heart to tell them that DefCon 4 is only "above normal readiness," not "maximum readiness.  immediate response."