BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

On 10/1/2021 at 11:38 PM, 84BDsop said:

Props to you for getting the defcon level correct....unlike a certain 1985 film that presumed a higher number was a greater threat.  It seems no one had the heart to tell them that DefCon 4 is only "above normal readiness," not "maximum readiness.  immediate response."

Considering I am a newly retired Navy Leader, that would be embarrassing lol. Can't expect my Sailors and Marines to know if I don't myself lol. 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, Sutasaurus said:

I was addressing some of the fanboys/fan girls on DCP not necessarily the organization as a whole. I have, however, witnessed less than professional behavior from marching members of BD over the forty+ years I’ve been involved in the activity. Isolated cases but ones that reflect on the organization. Want an example? Your comment about me wanting to tear them down is precisely what I’m talking about! They might not be my cup of tea, but hey, it’s a free world and we don’t need to bad talk people who feel different from you.

So, let me get this straight. You made a generalization about an entire organization based off of "isolated cases"? Do you think perhaps that those incidents stuck out to you because of your preconceived notions of what BD's members/fans think/feel/do? 

Yet, somehow, when someone is asking for a follow-up to back up your generalization/judgements, THEY'RE apparently the ones being judgmental towards you now? "I know you are but what am I." 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m not sure. George Zingali was a crazed nut in the stands. The difference was George would engage the audience. “Did you see that!” Was a common refrain. But a lot of staff today will just whoop and holler over Brittany not dropping a six. I see a big difference.  

Watched Jim Costello back in the 80s or so during a Cabs performance. Paced around with his arms folded, stooped down past end zone looking at feet, etc. Didn’t distract from the show if you were focusing on the corps. But knowing who he was I just had to watch the show he was putting on. Probably first time fathers waiting in the maternity ward looked more relaxed 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rylan said:

So, let me get this straight. You made a generalization about an entire organization based off of "isolated cases"? Do you think perhaps that those incidents stuck out to you because of your preconceived notions of what BD's members/fans think/feel/do? 

Yet, somehow, when someone is asking for a follow-up to back up your generalization/judgements, THEY'RE apparently the ones being judgmental towards you now? "I know you are but what am I." 

???? You’re late to the game. I addressed this pages back. My suggestion is to re-read the thread and then make a comment.K?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

???? You’re late to the game. I addressed this pages back. My suggestion is to re-read the thread and then make a comment.K?

Oh don't worry. I read it all. Still thought it was important to call it out...again. But I get your desire to want your initial comment to be forgotten. 🙂

Edited by Rylan

8 hours ago, Rylan said:

Oh don't worry. I read it all. Still thought it was important to call it out...again. But I get your desire to want your initial comment to be forgotten. 🙂

Sorry Rylan….lame attempt to call what out? I’m not wanting any of my comments to be forgotten. I can’t control how people interpret what they read.

Edited by Sutasaurus

22 hours ago, Lance said:

Please no. It was actually a BD fan thread most of the time for over a month.  Please let's keep it that way. 

Sorry Lance.