BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

The Blue Devils are proud to present their 2022 show, titled: "Just Give Us The Trophy, Now." :doh::rolleyes:

… so we don’t have to drive to Indianapolis. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, corps8294 said:

The Blue Devils are proud to present their 2022 show, titled: "Just Give Us The Trophy, Now." :doh::rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

… so we don’t have to drive to Indianapolis. 

But I'm down for the process & some great competition... :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

As we wait to see what Blue Devils are doing this summer I thought you might enjoy this video. I think this was put together back in 2015 but I only stumbled on the video last night. It's a recollection of the 80s with some old staff members. So many interesting stories. They are even very complimentary of their competitors and how these things changed them. There is a crazy story about the 2-valve bugles in 1984 that they finally got tuning slides for both valves and how other drum corps directors thought they were illegal and how G Royer, Henderson of SCV and Phantom Regiment staff made Gordon Henderson test a bugle in the parking lot to make sure it could not play an Ab, which was supposedly illegal at that time. Don Pescione was there ready to disqualify them if the horn could produce the Ab. It's like OMG, how far behind the times could we be, but thanks to those advances the quality of the brass got better, even if you still prefer G bugles on the field. Anyway, this is a wonderful collection of thoughts and stories. Enjoy. 

Blue Devils Staff Remember the 1980s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

As we wait to see what Blue Devils are doing this summer I thought you might enjoy this video. I think this was put together back in 2015 but I only stumbled on the video last night. It's a recollection of the 80s with some old staff members. So many interesting stories. They are even very complimentary of their competitors and how these things changed them. There is a crazy story about the 2-valve bugles in 1984 that they finally got tuning slides for both valves and how other drum corps directors thought they were illegal and how G Royer, Henderson of SCV and Phantom Regiment staff made Gordon Henderson test a bugle in the parking lot to make sure it could not play an Ab, which was supposedly illegal at that time. Don Pescione was there ready to disqualify them if the horn could produce the Ab. It's like OMG, how far behind the times could we be, but thanks to those advances the quality of the brass got better, even if you still prefer G bugles on the field. Anyway, this is a wonderful collection of thoughts and stories. Enjoy. 

All that fuss over an Ab.  Lol so drum corps. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

All that fuss over an Ab.  Lol so drum corps. 

Hey, even on a three valve trumpet, you have to throw out the third valve slide to get the sucker in tune. Trying to hit an in tune Ab on a two valve … good luck!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Funny....I remember playing Ab a number of times...1st valve down, slide all the way in.

I always thought that story was from 81, tho.